Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Banff
See available hotels
Mountaineer Lodge(Lake Louise)
View Hotel
Post Hotel & Spa(Lake Louise)
View Hotel
Lake Louise Inn(Lake Louise)
Deer Lodge(Lake Louise)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Kootenay Park Lodge(Kootenay National Park)
The Juniper Hotel(Banff)
View Hotel
All reviewswood burning fireplacelog cabinlake louisebison tenderloinmarble canyoncozy cabinscharcuterie boardcanadian rockiesclaw foot tubsnow shoesrustic charmperfect mountaindinner reservationsbanff national parkromantic getawayour honeymoonopen fire
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at Storm Mountain Lodge many times; and I have also stopped many times for lunch en route to the Columbia Valley. We stopped there yesterday for a quick bite to eat and were once again not disappointed. I had a the bison burger - moist and perfectly cooked with a lovely green salad. My partner had the seafood chowder, which I think has been on the menu for years - and no wonder - it was delicious. I ordered a glass of wine which unfortunately was far too sweet for my taste; I returned it and ordered something different - no extra charge. Very pleasant wait staff. If you find yourself en route for Calgary and you're feeling peckish this is the place to make a stop! I

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skychaserCalgary
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Storm Mountain Lodge is our favourite getaway - the historic buildings have been revamped for winter comfort, and the local skiing & hiking are amazing! The original cabins have stone fireplaces while the newer ones have gas, but all have modern plumbing with showers & tubs. The beds are very comfortable and the quilts keep you warm on the coldest of days - even in January! Some reviews mention highway noise but we find Cabin #2 to be very quiet. There are no cooking facilities so eating in the lodge's restaurant is a must, but the breakfasts (around $12) are wonderful. Try Chef Jeremy's scones - they're the best I've ever had. If you stay the weekend, you must dine there too - Jeremy's creations are the tastiest in the Rockies!

Room Tip: We like Cabin #2 - it just seems the coziest to us.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pairofpublishers
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We loved the experience of staying at Storm Mountain Lodge, and it is truly an experience. The Lodge is uniquely beautiful and serves the most delicious food. Flavourful, modern, hearty. The cabins are sweet, spotlessly clean, and have perfect touches here and there that make it so cozy. The bathroom is modern, with a lovely claw foot tub and shower attachment. The furniture and the bed are soft and comfy. You will not miss the TV, trust me! All you need is the quiet front porch and a good book. We brought a 10 and 7 year old, we had fun reading, colouring and playing Laura Ingalls Wilder. It was a perfect last night in Banff, peaceful and different from the usual waterslide and YTV evenings we had on the rest of the vacation. We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: If you don't want to see/hear all the new arrivals, ask for a cabin near the back of the property.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ilovelowly
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Sitting on the rocking chair on the cabin porch surrounded by tall trees could have been lovely, except for the sound of the constant summer traffic going up the highway just 20 feet away. The cabin we were in, number 14, was designed poorly with the lumpy double bed up against the wall and so close to the bathroom, so that depending what side of the bed you were on, you would either bump your elbows into a wall or the bathroom door. For over $250/night, I expected more comfort. The best thing about the place was that the fireplace kindling and wood was perfectly laid out that anyone could get a nice fire going with just one match. The food was good with a great assortment of vegetables on the plate, if not for the overcooked halibut. We had a delicious breakfast with fresh berries, sat down and paid for our coffee which was fine But what irked me was they charge guests for a cup of coffee to go. Why not make it complimentary? This place has lots of great reviews - maybe someone can recommend other cabin numbers that are isolated from the noise on the highway and have more comfortable beds and rooms.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RightAngleTraveller
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Storm Mountain Lodge is a perfect cabin and lodge getaway. Very well maintained and the lodge building itself is a gem. Very friendly people run this lodge and you can tell they are happy to be there which translates into happy guests. I loved everything about it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple