“Pleased Again”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We have stayed here several times and haven't been disappointed yet. A pleasant, clean room, little noise, a light breakfast and friendly staff. The young man at the desk was kind enough to change our room to a better location for our very old dog with mobility issues. Thank you again for that!

• Stayed: June 2014
Jeff I, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you had another pleasant stay with us at the Red Carpet Inn, and that our Front Desk Agents were able to make life a little easier for you and your pet.

Remember to always book direct with us for the lowest rate!

Cheers,

Jeff Irwin

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had our travel trailer, plus our two dogs with us when we needed to stay overnight in Banff. The Red Carpet Inn was good value for dollar. They accommodated our vehicle and trailer in their pull-through. They charged a pet fee per dog. Staff was excellent. Rooms were older and OK, but needed a good cleaning.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Jeff I, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments, especially concerning our staff! As a Manager that's invaluable feedback! Although, I'm surprised to hear that your room cleaning was less than adequate as we have some of the best housekeepers around. I sincerely apologize if something got missed.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The place could use some renovation (although the rooms themselves are great), and the breakfast is poor, but the staff were the nicest I've ever met (and I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the past few years). Also, they generously gave us towels to use at the hot springs (which is something none of the other hotels I've ever stayed at in Banff ever did).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff I, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank-you for your review!!!

I appreciate to hear that our staff are held in such high regard. We are a family owned property and are intentionally fostering a friendly family culture which extends to our guests.

Kind Regards,

Jeff Irwin

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Checked in Thursday night and stayed through to Easter Sunday. Great and friendly check in and out service. Parking available around the back and limited underground (not for large vehicles or those who struggle to park!). Undergoing reno's at the moment but we didn't hear or encounter any issues. Hot tub has great views on 2nd Floor and lovely if you have it to yourself. You can use the pool next door too, changing facilities there and towels! There are 2 hot tubs and a fun pool for the kids here. So good value and a nice opportunity to change up surroundings.

Breakfast area is nice if not too busy. Basic fayre of cereal, muffins, bagels and toast with butter/cream cheese and jams/marmalades. Lovely fruit juice and coffee. There is a microwave there too if you wanted to use that.

We had room 310. Moved the seats to the balcony each night and watched the people go by. 2 queen beds partitioned by the bathroom was a nice separation and a good sized fridge meant that we could store lunch items and save eating out for evenings (St James Gate Irish pub highly recommended). Takes 5 minutes to walk to town and we found this excellent value for money.m. We paid $400 for the 3 nights there. We saw every season that long weekend - we'll be back soon beautiful Banff!

• Stayed: April 2014
Jeff I, Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank-you for your kind review, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Best value for money at the Banff avenue. We found a good offer and ended up being very cheap. The staff, although nice in the begining, took 45 minutes to get us a blanket that we had asked for because it was very cold. Breakfast was poor.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I am a middle aged male skier. I stayed at the Red Carpet Inn from March 25 to 28, 2014.

After reading many reviews on the Red Carpet Inn, my expectations weren't high. As in most reviews I found the staff friendly, helpful and efficient.

The hotel was very clean except for the underground parking, which is a bit of a disaster! The garage is cluttered with junk, dirty, stuff dripping from pipes, the concrete is peeling, the whole place feels almost unsafe. The rest of the hotel is good.

My room on the 3rd floor was much better than I expected. The bathroom was large, recently tiled and spotlessly clean. The single control tap on the sink was plumbed backwards - hot was cold and vice-versa.

The furniture was in good shape but a little dated, same for the carpet. The bed seemed fairly new and was very comfortable. They use the double sheet method so other than the decorative strip at the foot of the bed you don't have to deal with other peoples cooties.

Breakfast is very basic, cereal, bagels, coffee, juice, toast. No fruit or anything hot.

The window in my room wouldn't close all of the way. The frame was rotted and the closing mechanism was loose and almost falling off. In a way this was good . . . There is a bad odor in the hotel, especially in the hall ways and is worse as you go up floors (3rd floor is the top). I left the bathroom exhaust fan on all of the time and with the window stuck open a bit it was tolerable. The smell is very much like when a septic tank gets pumped out so I suspect it is sewer gas, maybe the plumbing is vented inside instead of out.

Conclusion: If it weren't for the smell this place would be a super value. I think I would ask if they have dealt with the odor before staying there again, it is quite offensive. :)

Room Tip: Ask if the sewer odor problem has been corrected. March 2014.