“Disappointed”

Banff Inn
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Banff
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My issue with the hotel was the late check in of 4pm and when it was time to check out at 11am, we were packing our stuff as there was a knock on the door at 11:05am asking if we were checking out. Then at 11:10am, there was a call from the front desk asking AGAIN if we're checking out. It felt like we were being harassed to leave immediately! Yes we were late for 10 minutes from the check out time but because we have a baby with us, it took us longer to pack our stuff. But there was no consideration for that. And with the late check in, they should be a little more lenient with their check out time, plus they know we have a baby.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was a last minute booking and the check in was seamless. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. While I chose to park on the street, it was great to know that underground, secure parking was available.
The room had everything I was looking for, including a small fridge to chill the wine. The beds were amazingly comfortable, which made for a very restful sleep.
In the morning, I took advantage of the continental breakfast in the restaurant, which was plentiful with cereal, toast, bagels, boiled eggs, fruit and drinks. I was impressed and it certainly filled the spot.
The hotel is within walking distance of downtown (about a 5 - 10 minute walk), so extremely convenient.
I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I would request a room facing Cougar Street rather than Banff Ave.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I actually stay here every time I'm in Banff.. The rooms are very nice and always extremely clean. For being in a massive tourist destination, the prices are awesome and fair.. The location is perfect, a 5 minute walk to the down town. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2013
mexico
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay in banff for the family ski trip. The Banff Inn was very accommodating for our family and the food in the restaurant was great. Definitely will stay here again. Also met the owner of the hotel who gave us some great recommendations for downtown dining. Absolutely loved banff

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The staff were rude and refused to help. Upon checking in the price they quoted me over the phone is not what they charged me prior to getting there . They charged me another $100 a night on top of this. Then months down the road I recieved my credit card statement and they had charged more to the card. When phoning the general manager they avoided me and never did get back to me so I talked to the day manager and she was very rude. She screamed at me and accused me of horrible crewd things with no knowledge of what she was speaking. This hotel is not what everybody thinks it is and i hope you dont book there as you will be very disappointed.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aaron l
CATEYES7, Manager at Banff Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your response and concerns about our hotel, however based on your comments we do not charge our guests until they check out and based on your review you mentioned that we did prior to your arrival, perhaps you are mistaken with another Banff hotel that you stayed in, we always honor the rate given when time of booking, so if we overcharged you upon your arrival you would have noticed when you saw your credit card charge prior to arriving at the hotel as per your statement.

Banff Inn
Reviewed November 28, 2013

headed out to banff last week to do some skiing. we had a great time at the banff inn. rooms were very nice, location is walking distance from the middle of banff maybe 5-10 mins at most. make sure to check out the hottub facility. also the continental breakfast in the morning was quite good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I love this hotel. I stay there every time I travel to Banff. Not too far from Dowtown but far enough to keep the "Bar Crowds" away. Nice quite sleep, clean & comfortable rooms. Great whirlpool and a nice simple breakfast. Heated, Underground parking is perfect in the winter time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends