New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Sydney, Australia
“GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights late February and found this hotel to offer good clean rooms, breakfast and parking were included. This hotel is on main road and we had a room right over the entry, however noise was not an issue. The breakfast was basic but all we needed and complimentary parking great, we had no problems parking our mid size SUV as described by some others. Internet was also included and while slow, worked for us.
Bed was comfy, shower bath fine and room was quite roomy.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for a great value stay close to snow fields with a shuttle pick up right at your door.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carolg2510

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked the loft sweet. Price was reasonable. We weren't expecting much.
Indoor parking is not recommended if you have a SUV. There are lots of spots but due to design issues most of the spots are designed for cars due to height restrictions. Whats worse are the inconsiderate and/or bad parkers who take up 2 spots when with a bit of time and attention they could fit into the single space they need. The staff were very helpful here and walked throught the garage and called some guests. We never had a problem after that.

Next up was our room. We had one issue with the front door in the loft. It looked like someone had kicked the door in and then a bad patch job done to get the door closed and locked. It was basically a big peephole into the sleeping area of the loft. Once I mentioned it to the staff they had no problem moving us to another loft.

2 of the 3 queen beds were amazingly comfortable. The third was a bit firmer than I thought comfortable. We all slept well so we can't complain.

Continental breakfast was filling and levels of everything provided were kept full.

WiFi was a bit troublesome but then I am an IT geek so 'slumming' it on wireless G was simultaneously nostalgic and annoyingly slow. A lot of people will sigh at my nitpicking here and they are probably correct.

First time at this property. I can see myself visiting again based on price point and the customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Skip T
Cowtown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

5 of us stayed in a loft unit for 3 days just after Christmas. The room was ok but quite cramped for 5 and very little space to move around or put our belongings. The continental breakfast was the usual fare of baked goods and cereal but did feature really good coffee. I have stayed in many Banff hotels and while this one isn't terrible I probably wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jewelsmum
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Warm, friendly, convinent, large rooms, free undercover parking....need I say more? Oh yes, the very reasonable price and the tasty I house pizzeria.
No ski in ski out in Banff....Mt Norquay - 15 mins, lake Louise - 50 mins, best of all Sunshine- 25 mins
There is a ski bus but a car makes it all more convinent , beware of the national parks permit for using a car within the park area $139 !! Got one for sale if anyone wants one!!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Alyson F
Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

From 17 until 23 th February 2013 we have stayed (4 persons/ 2 bedrooms) in this hotel in room 441 and 437. Ok, this is not the newest hotel in town, but the rooms were spacy enough for us, warm showers (after a long day of snowboarding) a good bed, and...the hot-tub outside the hotel, is really awesome. We have had breakfast (14 dollar) which was good, friendly staff and reception. This hotel is nearby banff downtown (walking distance) and the shuttle for Lake louis, Norquay or Sunshine village, stops at the front of the hotel. All we san say is thank you for having us!
Only one thing, there is a special way for finding your room in the hotel, which is divided over 3 buildings(?) .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sparkling_Bob
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

A group of us stayed at the Banff Inn and hit lack of service that superseded just about anything I have encountered before.

Being four guys from Australia having a good Internet connection is critical because Skype connections back home are the way to communicate. The night we arrived the Internet was so intermittent and slow making it unusable, forcing us to use real phones at great expense! Not planned.

The next morning we complained to the front desk, and received the reply " The Internet service is provided free of charge, and if it did not work, too bad, it's free!!". We then asked if during the day something would be done to fix it, and got the reply "There is nothing I can do, sorry, what we have is what you will get". Unbelievable but that's the management attitude - stick it!

On top of this when I returned to the room at 3.30pm it had not been serviced!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gordon K
CATEYES7, Manager at Banff Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and our apologies regarding the dificult time you had with our complimentary wi-fi,the staff cannot fix this short of problem they did however reset the main box and it takes a few hours to reset the whole system and the wifi did get better after this.
I understand it was inconvinient and the internet can be a base of communication,at anytime you could have used the coin operated kiosk in the lobby that would have been cheaper then using you phone device,again our apologies.
Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here as part of a business trip in November 2012. Although I live in Canmore, I was attending a tradeshow in Banff and wanted to stay in town rather than drive back late at night.

Check in was quick, easy and the staff member was helpful and courteous.

My room was great. Much bigger than I expected, king bed, good sized bathroom, table and chair and closet.

The bed was extremely comfortable and although my room faced the main road, I didn't hear any traffic noise at all.

The room was very clean and I could not fault my stay at all.

I used to live in Banff and have had take out pizza and poutine from the hotel restaurant. I was never disappointed, their poutine is amazing and their pizza is one of the best in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business