“A bit of a walk to downtown” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Inn

Banff Inn
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Cowtown
“A bit of a walk to downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

5 of us stayed in a loft unit for 3 days just after Christmas. The room was ok but quite cramped for 5 and very little space to move around or put our belongings. The continental breakfast was the usual fare of baked goods and cereal but did feature really good coffee. I have stayed in many Banff hotels and while this one isn't terrible I probably wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank jewelsmum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Warm, friendly, convinent, large rooms, free undercover parking....need I say more? Oh yes, the very reasonable price and the tasty I house pizzeria.
No ski in ski out in Banff....Mt Norquay - 15 mins, lake Louise - 50 mins, best of all Sunshine- 25 mins
There is a ski bus but a car makes it all more convinent , beware of the national parks permit for using a car within the park area $139 !! Got one for sale if anyone wants one!!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Alyson F
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

From 17 until 23 th February 2013 we have stayed (4 persons/ 2 bedrooms) in this hotel in room 441 and 437. Ok, this is not the newest hotel in town, but the rooms were spacy enough for us, warm showers (after a long day of snowboarding) a good bed, and...the hot-tub outside the hotel, is really awesome. We have had breakfast (14 dollar) which was good, friendly staff and reception. This hotel is nearby banff downtown (walking distance) and the shuttle for Lake louis, Norquay or Sunshine village, stops at the front of the hotel. All we san say is thank you for having us!
Only one thing, there is a special way for finding your room in the hotel, which is divided over 3 buildings(?) .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sparkling_Bob
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

A group of us stayed at the Banff Inn and hit lack of service that superseded just about anything I have encountered before.

Being four guys from Australia having a good Internet connection is critical because Skype connections back home are the way to communicate. The night we arrived the Internet was so intermittent and slow making it unusable, forcing us to use real phones at great expense! Not planned.

The next morning we complained to the front desk, and received the reply " The Internet service is provided free of charge, and if it did not work, too bad, it's free!!". We then asked if during the day something would be done to fix it, and got the reply "There is nothing I can do, sorry, what we have is what you will get". Unbelievable but that's the management attitude - stick it!

On top of this when I returned to the room at 3.30pm it had not been serviced!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Gordon K
CATEYES7, Manager at Banff Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and our apologies regarding the dificult time you had with our complimentary wi-fi,the staff cannot fix this short of problem they did however reset the main box and it takes a few hours to reset the whole system and the wifi did get better after this.
I understand it was inconvinient and the internet can be a base of communication,at anytime you could have used the coin operated kiosk in the lobby that would have been cheaper then using you phone device,again our apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Banff hotels

Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here as part of a business trip in November 2012. Although I live in Canmore, I was attending a tradeshow in Banff and wanted to stay in town rather than drive back late at night.

Check in was quick, easy and the staff member was helpful and courteous.

My room was great. Much bigger than I expected, king bed, good sized bathroom, table and chair and closet.

The bed was extremely comfortable and although my room faced the main road, I didn't hear any traffic noise at all.

The room was very clean and I could not fault my stay at all.

I used to live in Banff and have had take out pizza and poutine from the hotel restaurant. I was never disappointed, their poutine is amazing and their pizza is one of the best in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Pamster200
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was a good trip until it came to the parking issue. They have a underground parking and the spot we parked in had someone parked right on the line so we had to park a little bit over. We received a call from the hotel asking us to move our vechile right over, at this point we were both already drinking and informed them that we legally can't be driving. They then called us again leaving a message that we better move our car. We went back to the hotel and told them we were both drunk and needed someone to move the vechile then she just kept saying over and over for us to move it. When I talked to the manager in the morning letting them know how unresponsible of the hotel that was to promote drinking or driving (regardless if its just reparking or not I have had people close to me in drinking and driving accidents so I take it very seriously) she basically brushed us off and told us that she isn't liable for it. I would not recommend this hotel because of this. To make matters worse we kept checking to see if anyone parked beside us and had pictures to prove that there wasn't even one from the middle of the night and the manager lied and said it was full in the morning.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Opie15
CATEYES7, Manager at Banff Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.We just appreciate that when guests park in our underground parking that they use one stall and not 3,has we are already short on parking stalls for all our guests,drinking and driving is no joke,and someone other then your party did move your truck.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I want to keep this simple. I recieved HORRRIBLE customer service at the Banff Inn on Saturday. It's a shame because I have stayed their numerous times. I was part of a group whose electricity went out. We missed our reservation (it was someone in our groups birthday), and were told by the staff that it is not their problem, but they would comp the room for us. It turns out, the next day we were told we'd only get about 12% taken off. As of right now I have paid the full amount and have not received a credit of any sort. I talked to the manager, he told me "he would take care of me at the bars or clubs next time I come back." Um no thanks. I'm a working professional I do not need to get taken care of at a bar or club thank you very much.
The staff needs to get a clue. Will not be coming back. At least there are plenty of other hotels in Banff!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends