Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
cindybee
Braintree, Massachusetts

Fantastic hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 23, 2019
This hotel was top notch. Great room, comfortable beds and terrific bathroom, all super clean. Never watched TV so can't comment on that. Lots of space in the room including a table with chairs as well as soft comfortable chairs, a desk and plenty of room for luggage. I asked to be on the quiet side of the hotel and I was never bothered by noise, outside or inside. The room temperature was easily controlled. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

The hotel was convenient for walking to and from the main roads around town and had a parking garage and free wifi. A laundry is available with vending machines for soap. There are only 2 washers and dryers, try to go early or late before it gets busy. It doesn't not have a pool.

Breakfast buffet was really well prepared with lots of options and I'd recommend it.
Date of stay: August 2019
Room Tip: Do laundry early or late. Only 2 washers/dryers. I let clothes wash while I ate breakfast. Felt...
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
1.4 miles from Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
Pool
View more hotels in Banff
2,593 results
All reviews keg restaurant free bus pass rocky mountaineer lovely hotel underground parking large hot tub buffet breakfast stayed here for nights coffee maker lobby town canada lodge ski fireplace rockies basement
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2019 via mobile

As the Caribou Lodge Hotel caters mainly for Rocky Mountaineer train clients, I think it doesn’t have a worry about keeping itself busy. We were given the most depressing, dark room, with a large part of the ceiling lower so it really felt horrible. Luckily we took ourselves out and about so didn’t spend much time in it as they couldn’t change us to another. Reception said they were full. Then an hour later I saw a whole coachload of people arrive and be given room keys. I was disappointed with that although otherwise reception were helpful and friendly. Their lifts were, for an hour or two, both out of action. One had been out for a fortnight and I think the other was overworked
One real positive was the free bus passes, given out by reception, which we used to take us everywhere nearby, sometimes doing the round trip on them to see what was nearby.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2019

A group of us stayed at this hotel on a tour in August. The room that I was allocated had only a small high window that looked over the roof of the adjoining block of the hotel. I asked if I could have another room as I was feeling quite claustrophobic but was told that wasn't possible. After this, I found out that the other five single people on the tour all had these inferior rooms whereas all the couples had rooms with normal views. This is simply not fair given that a single person pays just as much for accommodation as a couple.

3  Thank WhereToNow92
Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Spent three nights here at the start of 13 nights in Canada with my mother.
Lovely comfortable large rooms which were kept clean and tidy and fresh towels every day. All staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast very good.
Even got our free bus passes

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Flo12354
Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the lodge during our trip through Canada.

Room was lovely, very spacious, although a little aged. Decor was great.

We didn’t eat in the restaurant while we were there but was always bustling with guests.

Staff were very welcoming and always approachable.

The hot pools in the spa is awesome and just what you need after a long day travelling or exploring.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Situated 1/2 mile from village centre, with ample free underground parking. Rooms well appointed, clean and reasonable size. Our coffee pot and centre lights had faults, but these were fixed quickly without issue... thanks. Staff at front desk and at restaurant were very helpful , despite some very busy times in the foyer with coach arrivals. Enjoyed buffet breakfast in restaurant. Great start to our road trip through Rockies.

Trip type: Traveled with friends