Together with my husband and parents we stayed here for 3 nights towards the end of Sept. On arrival to our surprise we were told that there wasn't complimentary parking( one of the main reasons for choosing the hotel) and that it would be $5 a night. I know it isn't much but a bit naughty. Then we were offered to upgrade our room to a superior room and it would be only a $10 per night extra per room. We decided to do this as we thought it would be worth it for a better room and then the parking was suddenly complimentary. When we got to our room it was not to the standard we were expecting. The sink in the bathroom was chipped, the tiles in the bathroom were chipped, there were pictures missing on the walls and ripped walllpaper. Also the room was quite dark. My parents room did not have any chipped tiles but was still dark. We were told that if we upgraded we would be on the outside of the hotel and the rooms are light. I dread to think what the rooms on the inside of the hotel are like.Also the beds were not very big for a superior room. There was underground parking which is heated but the entrance to the garage is quite narrow and lots of pillars. We come from a farming backround so are used to driving big transport and manoeuvering it in small spaces but even we found it tight and most of the pillars have got chips from being knocked by cars in them.
I would recommend going into town for breakfast, we didn't and regretted it. The service on the first day was o.k. The second day it was below average with a bill coming to our table the same time as our food and our table being cleared whilst my parents were still eating, even though it wasn't busy. The final day we should have learnt our lesson but the waiter got the toast wrong! and then had to wait 10 mins to get the correct order and for my mum who only drinks hot water in the mornings it was impossible trying to get some of this. Service was very poor.
The reception area is good with a nice log fire and comfy chairs.
The only other good thing about the hotel is the free shuttle to the centre of Banff and it runs from 4pm-11pm with pick up every half an hour. the girl who drives the bus was very helpful with advice about where to eat and what to see.
If you are thinking of staying in Banff I would try another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff