This is a great hotel, ideally situated in Banff just a short walk from the main downtown area. The room was clean and well maintained and the staff were welcoming and hospitable throughout our stay. The Keg restaurant serves good food at reasonable prices and the breakfast buffet is great value for money.
As others have said, the only drawback is the heat in the bedrooms. Whilst I appreciate that Banff in Winter is a cold place and there is a need to ensure the pipes don't freeze, the lack of cooling (other than opening the windows to sub-zero temperatures) sometimes made it uncomfortably warm during the night. Oh, and on two occasions during our stay there was no hot water because of problems with the plumbing.
Overall, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives and I'd certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff