We stayed at the Caribou Lodge for two nights at the end of our Rocky Mountaineer train excursion. We thought the hotel was great and no complaints at all.
Rooms were spacious, beds very comfortable and overall it was very quiet. As mentioned, there is no aircon, as I imagine that for the majority of the time there is no need - except for just a few days over the summer. However, the hotel had provided fans in the rooms so they were just as good, really.
The pool really is a hot spa pool and heated to 40 degrees. I'm sure this is great after a day's skiing, but it was a bit hot in the middle of summer. However, the whole spa area is really nice.
WiFi in the rooms worked fine. Worth mentioning that you can hire bikes from the hotel at just $5 per hour, and it is well worth it just to explore some of the great rides and trails around Banff.
We did treat ourselves to the buffet breakfast on the second morning which was $13.75 for the adults and $7 (I think) for the kids. I stocked up for the day and it was well worth the money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff