“Wonderful”

Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Here as part of a tour hotel more than I expected room lively food fab and staff fab too hot tub good too Banff is beautiful too would I come back YES I'm lovin it people relaxed and friendly great steaks I the resteraunt

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Will most definitely return to this hotel. Lovely rooms, fully updated, clean, quiet. Staff most accommodating and helpful. Really nice hot tub area with loads of large towels. Very good value. We recommend without hesitation. Located within walking distance of shops, restaurants. Local bus stops right at hotel if you don't wish to walk or drive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Because this hotel was #6 on tripadvisor, i booked one night for a girl's weekend. there we're four of us ladies. The outside and lobby we're quite nice. The staff were ok, the spa was FANTASTIC, but once we got our room, we were in for a shock! VERY small, really dated, holes in the sheets, NO MIRROR IN ROOM BESIDES THE SMALL DARK ONE IN BATHROOM, extremely hot at night and no air conditioner! I have stayed at many hotels and motels that had better rooms! I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank pixieline82
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Initially I booked a Superior King room, requesting a balcony. The day before we arrived I received a call from the hotel saying there wouldn't be a King room with a balcony available, but would I consider a room with two queens beds and a balcony? I was very impressed that someone would take the time to actually read the reservation and rearrange the booking to meet my request. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. I did find it a little odd to be given a coupon book at check-in that expired on April 30, 2013 when we arrived on May 3, 2013. The room was very clean and had all the basic necessities. The room did get quite warm as there's no A/C, which made it somewhat difficult to sleep. Also there's no continental breakfast unlike most other Banff hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candaceun
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Made reservations at the Banff Caribou Lodge after looking at the website and reading online reviews, looks great from the outside and in the lobby, but the rooms were quite small and dated. Parking is on the street, and we were able to find a spot right behind the hotel, so no problem there. The lobby was nice and cozy and the front-desk staff were very welcoming and open to any questions, they recommended some good restaurants in Banff and how to access hiking trails in the area. The rooms were very small, just enough space for 2 beds and a table, hardly enough for luggage, can’t imagine fitting ski equipment in there. The view was a tiny window overlooking the neighboring hotel’s carpark, and with no fan in the room, it quickly got stuffy (they did bring a few electric fans up to help, but were too noisy at night). On a positive note, the beds were comfortable and the room and hallways were very clean. The location is great, just on the main strip within walking distance of the main town. And the hot-tub/sauna and spa were very comfortable and relaxing. I enjoyed my stay, and you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a well-priced hotel in Banff, the Caribou Lodge fits the bill.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank researchnerd
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have stayed here many times. I really liked this time !! When we arrived the hotel host told us that we had a upgrade to a superior loft suite. This suite was beautiful and made our skiing weekend the best ever. Thanks to all staff you guys are very friendly and know what it takes to make us as customers feel good about our choices. Joanna Andrews Sherwood Park

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joanna a
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel at the end of hiking season and found it excellent. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the town and area. I even got some hiking trail directions from waiting staff at breakfast.

The itself room itself which was a twin was clean, quiet and comfortable. My only criticism would be to say the bathroom was poorly lit. It didn't have window and was a bit murky. I didn't use the air-con much during my say as the temperature was starting to fall but I was comfortable throughout my stay. The cleaning staff did a thorough job even during a power cut.

I had breakfast one morning and was mostly satisfied. It's a little thing but I prefer proper milk to the creamer pods that seem to be used in North America. The eating area in the bar was generally quite busy in the evenings but there were usually a spare stools. For a solo traveller service is so important and the bar tenders were both friendly recognising me and making me feel welcome.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the back of the hotel might be marginally quieter although they may be darker so i...