Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
$446
Official Hotel
$332
$306
The Juniper Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
$327
$404
$393
getaroom.com
2,177 results
All reviewskeg restaurantfree bus passrocky mountaineerlovely hotelsuperior roomfree roamunderground parkingski busten minute walksteam roomreception arealog firelarge hot tubbuffet breakfastwalk into townski lockersstayed here for nights
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay for the night after a day at the ski slopes. We found this hotel in Banff. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Once checked in, we were told to park in the underground parking lot which can be packed. The lots were quite narrow that could create a problem for big trucks. The lobby has a very nice crackling fireplace that is very cozy and welcoming. The rate per night was $199 which was a little high compared to other similar hotels but I liked the decor which was more modern than other "dated" hotels nearby. When we arrived, we were told that we were going to be upgraded from the standard room. It was a larger corner room with a nice view. The beds were comfortable for double and everything there was quite clean. They also offered free wifi. Although they didn't have a pool, they had a big and luxurious spa which we didn't take advantage of.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Roger W
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a great hotel to stay @ , we arrived at the caribou lodge around 6;30 pm the front desk staff were very friendly and cheque in and out was fast and great . it's a about 10 minute walk to downtown banff the room was very clean and nice the bed were comfortable and parking is free

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank happylady1981
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I arrived at the Caribou Lodge on the Banff Airporter Shuttle ( another real good service) and before the driver could even get my luggage to the curbside there was a hotel staff member right there to take my bags inside. The book-in process was quickly done, but not so rushed to leave one in a state of "nodding agreement" and not really understanding all the details. The hotel provided me with a free 3day pass for unlimited travel on the regular bus service ( another efficient operation) after 3 days they simple issued me another complimentary bus pass. I know that not every establishment in Banff provides a bus pass.
The lobby is fab with a large fireplace that is always warmingly welcoming guests from the outdoors. Just off the lobby is a restaurant called The Keg. It is very nice, however I did find the friendly staff to be a little to hurried so some errors were made, but not enough to be a serious problem. Also, off the lobby is a nice cozy lounge, that had managed to give me a friendly welcome with out being overly so. The clientelle was friendly and talkative without being bothersome - I don't know how an establishment achieves that outside of being so good they attract good people. Bar drinks had some of the fairest prices in town, so that was also good.
The rooms are very well appointed, the bathroom is quite large. The beds gave me some of the best sleeps, 5 of them, that I've had in a long, long time. The "blackout" drapes really work. Some mornings I arose thinking that it was still quite early only to be shocked once I opened the drapes to a brightly shining sun. I've seen these types of drapes before but never to this effect- and I was on the bright side of the hotel in the mornings.
I truly enjoyed this establishment and will be returning to stay there during the upcoming summer. Also, I was told that you can reserve you room and if a cheaper offer appears on their website, due to promos and such, just contact them by phone and you'll be given the lesser rate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Windy_Feet
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Front desk staff very nice and helpful on suggestions of what to do and assistance with ski lessons.
They also have a desk from Ski Hub there where we booked our ski lessons at Lake Lousie, but you can book any of the 3 ski areas from there I think.
The room was nice, I found the bed uncomfortable. The room was warm.
Dined at The Keg on site, which was delicious, could not fault the staff or service. It was a Saturday night and was very busy had to wait 30 minutes, but that was fine, they rang us in our room when they were ready for us, and it was timely service once seated.
Went to the on site day spa, which I thoroughly enjoyed and relaxed during my treatment. Professional and friendly staff. Used the hot pool after skiing which was heaven sent!
We were Able to walk in to town, it is a little walk but it was easily done and warmed us up on a cold morning.
I would return here if in the area again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pip182
CaribouFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you were happy with our service and enjoyed all our facilities. We have luxurious mountain feather toppers on our beds, which makes them very soft. However if you prefer a harder bed, we are happy to remove this topper for you upon request. Please be sure to let us know next time you visit, so we can help you have a more comfortable sleep.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

3rd time staying here for a ski holiday, we had a back mountain view balcony room (319) which was quiet and had great views. Rooms are brilliant size with a mini fridge and toiletries! Free WiFi is also great along with a free bus pass that is good in the winter as the walk is 10 mins but on the summer may not be needed. It also has a spa and restaurant on site. Ski lockers are provided foc in the parking area which is also free I would like to thank Annie for looking after us, she is a great asset to the hotel. I would recommend everyone to try this hotel. Go on you know you want to!!

Room Tip: Mountain view and balcony rooms are great!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather S

Thank you so much for a lovely review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again next year!