Banff Caribou Lodge is a very comfortable, friendly hotel. When you arrive, there is a large roaring fire in the lobby which is very welcoming. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I had a king suite and it was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was also clean. I was pleasantly surprised to find a small fridge and safe in the room. The in-room coffee is also pretty good. The only complaint I would have about the room would be the bedding. They have a comfort top on the bed and the sheets are not big enough to cover this. They are unable to tuck in the sheets so by the morning time, you are tangled in the sheets, and lying directly on the mattress cover. The comforter is quite substantial but because the bedding is not stable, the comforter falls off the bed. Not a big deal but this can get annoying if you stay for a few days. There is a Keg Restaurant in the lobby. I had 3 meals there and they were all good. One was breakfast and it was not too expensive. In the busy season they have a breakfast buffet but off season, it is a la carte.
There is free wi-fi and a business centre. The parking is quite good, easy to get in and out of (sometimes this can be a challenge in Banff but this place was fine). The lodge itself is about a 10-15 minute walk from downtown Banff. With your stay at the lodge, you are also given a bus pass which stops in front of the lodge and goes right downtown in about 4 mins. The walk is fine in the summer but might be chilly in the winter but the bus works great. I did not use the spa at all. They also have an agreement with some other restaurants in town where you can charge your meal directly to your room. All in all, I enjoyed this hotel. I would recommend it but keep in mind it is a bit of a walk from town and the bedding is an experience. The only other trouble I had was noise. There was a school group in for one night and they were very loud, especially around the elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff