First time to Canada skiing, an amazing experience. What a great hotel, from staff friendliness, overall customer service, great from start to finish.
Check in service fantastic after a long flight. Effecient, friendly and informative.
Rooms excellent, as seen in the photos, beds are very comfortable. (rooms a little too warm, even with turning off heating and opening windows - but this could be personal preference.)
Food and service at the Keg is stunning - consistently great. Breakfasts are very good, maybe a little more variety/pricing options.
Spa - clean, warm, welcome place after long day skiing.
Hotel ski instruction - Tracy Gardner - fantastic instructor, very intuitive, looks after your needs very well, very good at bringing all levels up to their next stage. Goes over and above expectations in terms of customer service, and genuinely friendly approach. She made the experience of skiing enjoyable for us first timers.
Room service - spotless, effecient, unintrusive, honest, no security issues with anything going missing, excellent.
Ski Lockers - great addition for storage from hotel, easy to use, convenient.
Bus pass - free, welcome on very cold evenings, well used, buses always on time, excellent service overall.
Overall of hotel - great experience staying at Caribou, staff are really lovely and attentive, very well trained, nothing was too much trouble, very perceptive and interested, such a refreshing experience in terms of customer service. We will certainly return to this hotel, and resort. Amazing.
Just a few areas for improvement:
Door closers on bedrooms maybe need adjusting to close quieter instead of slamming.
Running machine in gym out of order for the time we were there.
Steam room out of order for 6 days out of 10.
Keg breakfasts - sometimes the full buffet gets a little tedious, maybe the option for a bacon sandwich, or more of a mix would be welcome (although food quality is great).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff