“Always Great”
Review of Homestead Inn

Homestead Inn
Ranked #21 of 28 Banff B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2013

An affordable stay with friendly service and easily accessible amenities across the street. Parking lot is tight because of bad parking customers and limited lot space. Overall a standard room at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2013

After staying here last year while passing through, I chose the Homestead for my extended five night stay in Banff this year. I was not disappointed. I love the location as it is perfect to walk anywhere within town (and yet easy to return to your room throughout the day if needed). Parking availability is great, and it is an easy drive to locations outside of the townsite. On one night of touring I was concerned the parking lot would be full (which was not the case) but the staff assured me I could park across the street at Banff Park Lodge if needed, which was good to know.

I really enjoy the quaint atmosphere of this hotel (including the outside entrance to the room overlooking the "alley"). I also love that I can use the pool facilities at the Banff Park Lodge, and that they remain open until midnight.

All staff was extremely helpful and kind all the time. The evening shift fellow, Peter, even remembered me from last year and was amazing in helping with any of my inquiries. I even left a note for the cleaning staff one day requesting decaf coffee, and they remembered every day after that to leave some for me!

It should be noted that traffic/bar/train noise is present at night, if you leave the windows open for air (as there is no air conditioning). This was not a problem for me at all, but may be noteworthy if that is something you like to avoid while traveling,

I will choose The Homestead Inn for future stays in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you are traveling solo, or with a partner, try to snag a room with one queen bed. This type of ro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Migimon
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Comfortable , large room, perfect shower, good bed.
Staff at the desk very friendly and helpful, after we mention that the cleaning lady forgot to close the door of our room, we got with no discussion a ticket for a free breakfast.in the hotel at the other side off the street.
Perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The only negative is that the room doors are facing what I would call a dingy alley. That does not mean that you need to worry about crime in this small isolated town, on the contrary everyone is friendly. The way it is located allows the lower price. The young lady staffing the desk was a delight, in every way kind and helpful. I guess they are associated with a higher end hotel across the street from the back of the rooms where you can use their spa. We were also given 2 for 1 coupons for a buffet breakfast at that hotel. The quality and varieties of food available at that buffet were nothing short of excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CaveatConsumers
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Cheap and basic, but that is all we needed. Recommend. Nice staff at the front desk and close to town.
Some complaints I see, but you get what you pay for. I would go back. Wish that the pool etc was in the same hotel though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LeilaJN
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I spent four nights at the Homestead Inn and throughly enjoyed my stay.
The location is perfect for bars, restaurants and the various sights in and around Banff.
The room was clean and comfortable though if I had one criticism, and it's a minor one, it would be that the windows in the rooms could do with being upgraded for better sound insulation.
So clean, comfortable and good location but over and above these consideration the staff were excellent.
Friendly, helpful and very knowledgable, they helped me make the most of my visit by recommending various tours and places to eat.
Well done!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank denis k
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Homestead Inn was in a great location - walking distance to so many shops and restaurants. The room was spacious but the double beds were tight. We enjoyed using the really nice pool and steam room across the street at the Banff Park Lodge. We were also given 1/2 price vouchers for the Banff Park Lodge breakfast buffet.
The Inn is located on one of the main streets in Banff. The biggest issue was the very loud traffic that drove by all night. We needed to have the windows open to get some cool air in the room but even with the windows closed the traffic noise would be a problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family