“This is a great place!”

Hidden Ridge Resort
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I have probably stayed in more places than most in Banff. I am a re-located local (Calgary )now in Houston.
I recently stayed at Hidden Ridge resort up on Tunnel Mountain with some of my old friends from school... Really great! It was clean, beautiful, the staff was accommodating and nice.More than nice...we had to keep downsizing our group...no problem for them..and the price was always adjusted accordingly!
...And, the place was awesome!
I have hiked , skied , lived and studied in Banff, had family there...it has been my personal playground since I was able to drive.
I have many benchmarks for accommodation in Banff (including a time share since forever...also nice...)but this was a good place. I just hope they don't change.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 10, 2010

Driving to Banff and through the National Park was beautiful. There are so many outdoor activities that are possible for the whole family plus your dog if you have. My boyfriend and I had somewhat of a hard time finding Hidden Ridge Resort, we didn't print a map so it took us maybe an extra 20 minutes to find it however the scenic drive around was beautiful looking for it.

The hotel staff are very helpful, the room service was amazing, the smores package with the room was a fun extra. We had rented the Condo with game room, the only down side with the game room was they had not warned us to bring our own games, I should have asked while booking but forgot. The staff had the condo set up for my dog as well and also gave her a chew toy to keep.

Shopping in Banff was fun, we got takeout food and brought it back to the condo. They had everything else in the condo in the full kitchen. Sleeping was amazing in their comfort beds with tons of extra blankets and pillows if need be.

I would recommend this place 110% loved every minute of it!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
hotelgmBanff, General Manager at Hidden Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

We're glad your family and your pet enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments. I apologize that we missed the opportunity to inform you of the many Wii games we have available for free rental at our front desk in addition to the Wii Sports and Wii Play included with your gaming package. I hope you have a chance to try them out next time you're in town! FYI to future guests - Google Maps and Mapquest have accurate directions to the resort if you need help - or - call our toll free number to get directions from us 24 hours.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

A hidden treasure. Have been to Banff countless times but this is the first time I have seen this resort. Excellent location.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We arrived at the Hidden Ridge in a major snow-storm just after midnight following a 5 hour delay on our flight and we've never been more glad to see a hotel in our lives. We were greeted with a smile and an upgrade at reception which made us even happier to arrive. The staff throughout the resort could not have been more helpful during our time there. The condo was great, really warm and comfortable with everything we could need and a great view over Banff. The free bus was great and the free wireless internet was really handy for checking the weather at the top of the Banff Gondola before we even got out of our pyjamas! To be honest I didn't want to leave Banff or the Hidden Ridge, I'd highly recommend both to anyone

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Great service. Clean. Ask for a room looking over the mountians, #211 was perfect. Short drive to town, to far to walk. Good beds.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

My family went to Banff for a family reunion. We had elderly, teenagers and babies so booking with that in mind, we choose Hidden Ridge and am so glad we did! Using the barbecues provided for Saturday nights celebration, we had asked for special things to accommodate our large, 26, group. All of our requests were met, if not exceeded. The pools were wonderful, and the grounds all new and spotless. The bed were great, and the bedding white, and creamy, decadent! I had to get my older folks to the pools and to the others condos and asked at the front desk if they could pickup my folks with a golf cart and drive them to and from.....no problem was the response. We were totally impressed and stayed four nights. Do not be afraid to book here. Ask for 201....it is the closest to the hottubs and pools, and also has a bedroom bath downstairs with the kitchenette, but a beautiful bedroom upstairs and a huge hottub in this room. Great place....will stay again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Excellent accommodations, easy reach to the town and wonderful views. We had a 2Room + loft cabin. The unit was exceptional, and furnished with top class appliances as well a beautiful fireplace. All the rooms had flat panel TVs.
The highlight was the staff at Hidden Ridge. Having traveled all over the world, we came back with very high appreciation for the staff (front desk to all the support staff).
We hated leaving the place - want to come back to Banff and stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends