Hidden Ridge Resort
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$234
$217
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$152
$145
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$305
$241
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$178
$340
$267
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Banff Springs(Banff)
$388
  • Restaurant
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$228
$218
Orbitz.com
$226
$320
$263
2,155 results
All reviewshot tubfull kitchenloft condofree firewoodtunnel mountainwood burning fireplacegames roomdowntown banfffree busoverlooking the mountainsfamily vacationliving areaminute drivean upgraderoam busmain floorclose to town
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We spent a week at Hidden Ridge Resort and wouldn’t recommend anyone do the same. We stayed in a three bedroom condo with a small kitchen. The décor was simple, but not modern. I am not a fan of wallpaper and it covered every inch of every wall in the unit. The price per night is beyond unreasonable for the amenities that Hidden Ridge claims it has to offer.

What the resort doesn’t show you on their website is that Hidden Ridge sits directly adjacent to a huge campground. Additionally, there is a bus stop right in front of most units. While a bus stop may be convenient for campers, having to smell the bus fumes as it sits idling outside our windows was not pleasant. We kept our windows open to enjoy to cool air during the day, but as a result you hear the constant beeping of campers backing in and out of their camping spaces. But even worse is the fact that every morning starting around 6:00 AM the hotel staff pushes a dozen huge blue linen carts to the roadway directly in front of the area outside the lobby building. Each cart rattles and makes loud noises as it is pushed to the curb outside our windows. Then, at about 7:00 each the linen truck arrives to lift each cart in and out of the truck while repeatedly slamming the lift gate onto the concrete. No alarm clock was needed to wake up my children up each morning.

There is a small, and I repeat very small and shallow pool. The photos on the web site make the pool and hot tub look much larger than they are. The pool deck is extremely small and affords little, if any, room for guests to sit and relax after a long hike. The hotel only provides four (4) plastic chairs on the pool deck for all guests. When I went to the front desk to ask for additional chairs I was simply told there aren’t any more available for use on the pool deck. So, we were left to sit on the ground and rocks while trying to relax and read a book as the children played in the mini pool.

Since we were staying more than one week, we only received what I call “towel service” each day. There was no cleaning of the kitchen, no wiping of the tables, no vacuuming of the carpets, and no wiping down of the bathroom vanities. The beds were made daily, but they each looked like my 9 year old son was the one who made them up for us. The sheets weren’t even tucked in. When I called the reception, I was told that I wouldn’t be get full cleaning service until after three days. However, upon request, housekeeping would return to remove the dirty towels left behind in the bath tub and shower.

After a few days of hiking we needed to make use of the laundry service. There are no washing machines in the individual condos, but there are two coin operated washers and dryers in the lobby building. Make sure you plan ahead as there is no change machine and the front desk constantly runs out of change. When I arrived late one day to do laundry and asked at the front desk for change, I was simply told they ran out, have no change, and cannot get any change at all for laundry service until the next day. I was told my options were to either take a 5 minute drive to downtown or a take a thirty minute walk to get change for the laundry. I was beyond upset and received no apologies for this inconvenience. So, I loaded up my laundry and drove to the convenience store down the hill to get change to do the laundry.

Bottom line is that location really matters for vacation. Banff is expensive. The food is expensive. The hotels are expensive. I expect this for the location. However, with the added expense I expect pleasant customer service, reasonable housekeeping, and relative peace and quiet to enjoy the surroundings and amenities that are being offered. None of this was received at Hidden Ridge Resort. Yes, Banff and the surrounding mountains are beautiful and offer great outdoor activities for families. Come and enjoy Banff, but when you do I highly recommend that you pass on staying at the Hidden Ridge Resort.

Room Tip: If you want any peace and quiet during your stay, then ask for a room on the back of the property away from the street, away from the lobby building, and away from the campground. Better yet, just stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank JA158
HiddenRidge, General Manager at Hidden Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Among your other poor reviews of Banff attractions, I am understandably very sorry to read this review the most as not only does it pertain directly to the HIdden Ridge, it contains several discrepancies that I would like to clarify for future travelers who may be thinking twice about staying with us.

A bus goes by the resort every 40 minutes from 6:20am to 11:32pm. It is complimentary for all of the guests of the HIdden Ridge to use. The buses are environmentally friendly hybrid buses as such their emissions are controlled and 'fumes' are practically non-existent when idling, especially at 100 paces from the bus stop (I counted from the entry door of 303, the excellent premium two bedroom with loft condo with three queens with a fantastic outward facing view from the balcony that the reviewer stayed in). There is one bus stop adjacent to the property that is not 'in front of most units'.

The employee responsible for moving the laundry bins does not begin work until 7:00am. It is impossible that bins were moved prior to 7:00am. The laundry truck does not arrive at 7:00am. It would have no bins to pick up as they would not be ready.

There is a hot pool and a cool pool at the resort. The maximum bather load of the hot pool is 22 and the maximum bather load of the cool pool is 28. The depth of the hot pool is 3'6" and the depth of the cool pool is 3'3".

Housekeeping is the same for all guests. Information and extra requests regarding housekeeping service is available at any time. The following is written on the hotel check in map distributed to all guests at arrival: "Daily towel service provided (towel change, garbage removal, beds made, supplies replenished). Hang your towels in the washroom for reuse; only towels left on the floor or in the bathtub will be refreshed. A full cleaning is provided every third morning (sheet change, vacuum, washrooms). Dial '0' for any additional housekeeping requirements.' The room directory in every unit states: "We will make your beds, replace your towels and supplies and empty your garbages daily. After your third night (and 6th, 9th, 12th, etc. - if you're so lucky to stay this long), your condo will receive a full service clean. Any additional cleaning that may better suit your needs can be arranged by dialing '0'''

We have 12 premium two bedroom with loft condos with four queen beds that have a washer and dryer in the room. Detergent is available for those staying in those units as well. It is very rare that the front desk would run out of change in the evening. A pick up and drop off same day laundry service is provided at $20.00 a bag and dry cleaning service is also available but this is not a same day service.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had recently come back from the Hidden Ridge Resort in Banff from a bachelor party (this being that place that my bachelor party was held a couple years ago). Reason that we had chose Hidden Ridge again was due to the fact that the accommodations are fully stocked (utensils, dishes, dish soaps, etc.) which allows the guests to be self-sufficient since the resort is a jaunt from the town of Banff.

First of all, this is a family resort, but being that it’s an amazing place there were actually three bachelorette parties not including our bachelor party. The staff reception staff was very friendly when we arrived, and the cleaning staff were very quick and efficient during the Saturday afternoon. This place has a “right at home” feel which makes guest very comfortable (and why we chose to come back). Also, the outdoors hot tub is amazing – overlooking the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

As mentioned, it is a family resort, but due to the nature that Banff is Banff, there will be people that attend that are looking to have a good time. Unfortunately this past weekend there were more partiers than families it seemed. If being read by the Hidden Ridge staff, I’d like to apologize on behalf of the group that I was with – some members were quite rowdy. We meant no harm but understand if some guests were upset.

However, I would recommend this place to anyone looking to travel to Banff (family or other group) – I think this past weekend was more of an anomaly than anything.

Room Tip: If you are looking to go as a party group - I would recommend booking a room with a basement. We had done that for my bachelor party and since the walls are concrete, you would not disrupt the other guests.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank brenmiller85
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Will definitely stay here again. Upon arrival we were given a wonderful upgrade for a very low price. We had a vaulted ceiling condo with two baths and two bedrooms for an amazing deal, and I'm definitely a deal shopper. Service was great. Complimentary soaps were natural soaps made right near banff. The hot tub was so refreshing. Bus stops right near hotel so there was no need to find a place to park in banff. Although parking was still plenteous.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lhumphre10

Thank you for the great review. It is not often that people recognize the soap we put in the units so I am very glad you noticed. The Rocky Mountain Soap Company is locally owned and operated as you have noted. They specialize in natural ingredients and have shops in Banff, Canmore, Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Winnipeg...which may be a little far from Fairbanks but I'd be happy to mail you a few bars!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in the honeymoon suite (with the hot tub on the private balcony) for our anniversary and it was amazing. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The room was quite nice, great little kitchen and plenty of space to relax in. The view was beautiful and having a hot tub to soak in after a long hike was probably the smartest planning we've ever done. We'll definitely be back again the next time we can find a sitter and spring for a romantic weekend away. Until then, we'll probably be back with the kids sometime to check out the family rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. We will look forward to welcoming you back regardless of what room type you choose!

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We picked the Hidden Ridge Resort based on its location, and its high rating on Trip Advisor. The location of this resort is beautiful and the grounds are well kept. We stayed in a 2 bedroom loft which had an interesting layout that we grew to enjoy. The interior was quite nice and the kitchen was well equipped. Some of things inside were worn (carpet, shower, window screens) but still functional. I spoke to the front desk about a damaged screen upon checking in. The maintenance staff was at my townhouse within 2 minutes and had it fixed. The staff at this resort is top notch. We used the pool and BBQ areas every night. The resort was also quite quiet at night considering how busy it was. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Raydayle

Thank you for the review. It is worthy to note that we currently have new carpet on site to renovate 30 units and I have a capital project to replace several screens around property slated for 2014. Your review has solidified my resolve to ensure this gets done as soon as possible! Thanks again.