“Great Stay at Hidden Ridge!”

Hidden Ridge Resort
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed March 22, 2008

We just spent a wonderful week at Hidden Ridge Resort and would definitely return. We usually stay in dowtown Banff but had a rental car this time and so decided to stay outside of town where we would have a bigger room than a typical hotel room.

Our condo was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. We always had more than enough towels. We didn't lack for anything in the kitchen. All the staff we had contact with were friendly and helpful.

The hot tub was big, the water clean and there were always clean towels. There were a number of large barbecues for the guests' use which was great, you can get utensils from the front desk (if other guests remember to return them).

The town bus and the ski shuttle both come right through the resort. When staying here the front desk will give you a free pass for the town pass.

All in all a great stay and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank zang03
Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed February 25, 2008

I am less than pleased with my stay at the Hidden Ridge Resort. Of course for $140.00 a night what can you expect right? We booked 7 nights via Travelocity. It was all paid for by the time we arrived so I felt I did not have any negotiating clout when I tried to change rooms. After 3 nights I could of gotten upgraded for an additional $30.00 a night but I of course wanted a free upgrade. For 7 nights you would think they would want a happy guest - wrong. Was it because I booked via Travelocity that I got what appeared to be one of the worst units in the complex?
I was uphappy because our studio was on the ground floor behind the office. Absolutely no view. Here we are in one of the most beautiful places in the world and I am looking out at someone's truck parked across the road and the even uglier units shaped liked teepees. They had a view but not us. One of the reasons I picked this place was the wonderful comments aboutt how nice it was to be away from downtown Banff among all that natural beauty.
My other complaint is that the unit was not that clean. Even my husband who does not usually care about this kind of thing - noticed it. The unit had a small kitchenette which is again why I picked this hotel. The dishes on the shelves were dirty - we had to rewash everything. As another reviewer commented there was barely enough kitchen utensils, etc. to cook with. We had 3 plates (fortunately there were only 3 of us.) The nonstick surface of the 1 large frying pan was completely gone. I have stayed in other resort facilities with kitchens and none of them has been this poorly stocked.
My final complaint was that resort's spa was constantly full of people who were partying. If you like drunken college students - you will love this place. After 3 nights of waiting to use the spa in peace I finally decided to face the crowds with my 13 year old daughter. The spa was again full of college kids. One of them was so drunk even his friends appeared embarassed. I am not a prude - I have been know to swear on more than one occasion. But I don't appreciate hearing the word [-] in front of my child.
Af first I thought it must be legal to drink in public spas in Canada. Than I noticed the no alcoholic beverages sign next to the spa. It was laughable because the entire spa was ringed with empty beer cans. It was like that every night. When I complained to the young woman at the front desk - she asked if I wanted to have the spa cleared. But by than it was too late - both daughter and I had had enough for that evening. I never went back into the spa until our last night.
I am sure there are some nice units at Hidden Ridge but it clearly is a place catering to large groups who view the spa as their personal party spot. Management makes absolutely no attempts to enforce the no drinking rules. Therefore I can't recommend this place for families. Our family LOVED Banff and would go back there in a heartbeat but definitely not to his property.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Ms.Howard
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Hidden Ridge had everything we were looking for. We were in a 1 bedroom condo with a kitchenette, fireplace in the living room, and pull-out couch. I was there with my Mom and brother, so the accomodations were ideal for this arrangement. We had Elk come right up to our patio door! On the downside, some of the information provided by the hotel mentioned that the hot tub was suppose to be welcoming to all travellers - it wasn't. Each nite we tried to use it, it was filled with young skiers and merry-makers who weren't concerned at all with who wanted to use the hot tub. Music was loud, drinks were flowing. I've been part of that scene before, so I understand it, but the management shouldn't promote the hot tub area as welcoming for all guests because it wasn't when we were there. Also, the resort is not within walking distance to the village, at least certainly not in the winter. It's well off the 'strip' but perfectly located in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank hbonas
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Wow. My boyfriend and I booked this through a "good deal" website. It was amazing. We stayed in a one bedroom, on the ground floor, and were quite surpirsed to see a deer right outside our balcony door pretty much the whole time. He was close enough to touch! Even though we didnt. LOL.
The staff were incredibly friendly, and hospitable. There was a bus to take you into town.
The suite itself was spacious and newly renovated. It was awesome.
Overall, this is a great place to stay. Would definately go back.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank AmandaCalgary_AB
Reviewed January 28, 2008

We have recently come back from Canada and Hidden Ridge was the first place we stayed. Check in was welcoming and very straight forward, staff were very friendly and helpful, our 2 brm plus loft apartment was ready and warm for our arrival with kindling and firewood ready also. Our apartment was directly opposite the reception with the hot pool between, so we were very handy to everything including the regular shuttle busses to Banff township and ski fields. The apartment coped easily with our family of six, there were two queen beds downstairs with a bathroom (plenty of hot water and lovely clean bathrooms). Next level up was the kitchen/lounge/dining area - this area became slightly cramped when we were all there however it wasn't a problem. There was also another bathroom on this level which contained a washer/dryer. Up the stairs again was the loft which had two queen size beds and another TV (3 TV's in all, plus DVD player). Our two younger sons loved having their own space in the loft. Views from Hidden Ridge were absolutely magical, and we loved the elk which came to our door and the couple of squirrels which were in the trees just out of our door. We were given complimentary bus passes for travel into Banff township, and passes to the ski fields were included in the ski tickets. We also used the bus pass to take us sight seeing from Banff township up Sulphur Mountain to the hot pools and the scenic gondola (unfortunately the gondola was closed for 3 weeks for maintainance). Rooms were fully serviced & cleaned every 3 days, and fresh towels and other linen supplied on a daily basis as required. The only negative comment I could make was that the kitchen wasn't really stocked with adequate crockery & glasses & large size pots/pans to cope with cooking for big families which prompted us to eat out most nights (not a problem for us but if you were planning on self catering you may need to ask reception for extra supplies of these). Free access to wireless internet was a bonus too and our kids just loved the hot pool - they also went to the public hot pools on Sulphur Mountain and said that the one at Hidden Ridge was much better. We would definitely choose to stay here again should we return to Banff.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank AKAAustralia
Reviewed January 24, 2008

We got this at a last minute walk in as every other place was full . It was ok but nothing special. We had a two bedroom loft apartment. The balcony door didn't lock, and it was really too late to expect someone to come and sort it out (it was around 10pm when we checked in and we just wanted to settle down to sleep, although I am sure the front desk would have done their best to fix it) also the room was very cold when we first entered the room, after a call to front desk about how to operate the heating that was sorted so no major issue.
Our stay was ok and it was better that sleeping in the car on a snowy December night, although I think it was a little over priced for what it was, compared to other hotels/resorts we stayed in over Christmas and New Year
Oh the front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank maltesetraveller
Reviewed January 15, 2008

I stayed there with my family for a Snowboarding trip. The room was nice and in good condition and it should have been a nice stay, however the cleaning staff stole my wife's $100.00 coat and when we tried to deal with the front desk on this issue they couldn't be bothered. Won't stay there again, after spending $600.00 for the weekend, I wasn't expecting to have to also provide clothing for the staff.

Stayed: January 2008