1. The room in the attic has a space 1x1m wide where you can stand - the rest is crawl space - you sleep in your bed, and the slanted ceiling is 1ft above you - scary. We checked out other rooms - all very tiny.
2. You can not make yourself a cup of tea after 8 pm - the kitchen is locked
3. Breakfast is very plain - toast, hard boiled egg, cofee.
4. The girl at reception knew nothing - not whether it is worth it to fill up the gas before going to Lake Loise, nor what kind of hot springs are in the area, nor the snow conditions in Sunshine, or if there is a vegeterian restaurant in town. But she did manage to inform us that many skiers and snowboarders are often very rude (we came for skiing)
3. No shared bathrooms
Conclusion: abslolutely not worth the money - I hate hotels, but in this case would have preferred one
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Mountain Lodge has been a hotel or Bed and Breakfast since 1908. Our heritage home features 10 rooms with ensuite bathrooms.Please keep in mind that we have slightly smaller rooms than newer structures. We are also very excited to report that Select Canada acknowledged our accomplishments by giving us a three-star rating in 2009. Type in the word bmlvip in our Blue Mountain Lodge booking engine to take advantage of an instant discount. Looking forward to meeting you in Banff! Pascal and Louise, Innkeepers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Mountain Hotel Banff