“nice ride”

Banff Gondola Ride Admission
Ranked #1 of 85 things to do in Banff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain to experience a stunning bird's-eye view of six incredible mountain ranges. With breathtaking vistas in every direction, your adventure begins with an eight-minute journey to the summit of Sulphur Mountain in a modern, fully enclosed four-passenger gondola cabin. Glide up over the treetops to the crest of a steep-sided Rocky Mountain peak and step out into a jaw-dropping mountaintop experience at an elevation of 2,281 metres (7,486 feet). Stroll along the ridgetop boardwalk where the views get better with every step. Then warm up in our newly transformed, state-of-the-art summit facility. With new restaurants, interactive interpretive exhibits, a multi-sensory theatre and a breathtaking 360-degree rooftop observation deck, the new Banff Gondola summit heightens every sense.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 22, 2013

gives u a bird's eyeview of Banff and the Canadian Rockies. there's a good boardwalk trail at the top. definitely bring your stroller up if you have one. a bit pricey, but what can you do, i guess they're making up for the winter months when they're closed.

There are newer reviews for Banff Gondola

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The Banff Gondola trip was included in a tour I was on, otherwise it was unlikely that I would have visited.
There's not much one can say about such excursions: one goes up a mountain, enjoys (hopefully) the ride, admires from the view from the top, takes a few photos and come down. It's what I, and everyone else, did here.
The organisation was faultless, the views from the Gondola were good, as were the views from the summit. Being mid-September it was cold and we had snow flurries, which meant not spending as much time on the summit as we might have done. But an enjoyable excursion nonetheless. Glad it was included in my tour, as it seemed expensive otherwise.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Of course the clearer the day the better. We had passed on our overcast first days in Banff. Then, as we were to set out for Lake Louise we had a perfect day with not a cloud in the blue sky. Man, once you are in the 4 seat gondola that really whisk you right upwards, so hold on. Especially someone like me scared of heights, but I did go on. Beautiful views in every direction on top, with as much additional walking as you wish. I could definitely feel the high altitude. Great value to buy a combo ticket for the Icefield Centre Brewster Snow Coach to save a few dollars.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

After seeing a lot of comments about the cost of the tickets, I saw one posted that suggested buying the Alpine Lights dinner package to make it more worth it. If my wife and I did just the Gondola, I could see the cost of the Gondola ticket making sense as we enjoyed the views. But add 3 teenagers who don't have the same love of the views, maybe too expensive.
The dinner was a Prime Rib dinner. Which I looked forward to if you have every asked somebody from Alberta about their Alberta beef. The meal wasn't 5 star restaurant type but it wasn't bad. Everybody enjoyed the meal including the Cheesecake desert! Yes you pay a lot more money when you add the dinner, but then we had this great table overlooking the Banff valley as the sun was setting.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I bought tickets as a package through the Explore Rockies Adventure. We timed our visit around sunset and were rewarded with an hour or so view of Banff and the surrounding mountains, valleys and river as the lights came on and the sun set. Hard to describe how beautiful it was. We took the walk to the adjacent peak for an alternate view from a slightly higher vantage point. Met some nice people from South Korea and Ireland along the way who agreed that dusk is the best time for this attraction. All the attendants were helpful. Make sure to check out the last departure time because it's a long walk down the mountain in the dark! They said it happens almost every week.