upon arrival we waited in our car for over 10 minutes just to pull up to the front of the hotel.
We were then told we could use valet service or park ourselves. The valet service cost $33.00.
Then we went and stood in line to check in for almost a half hour.
There was a large group waiting as well, with young children running wild and throwing a ball, which actually hit me. The staff seemed to not even notice.
The room was dated, nothing different than any other hotel room I have been to.
we had breakfast in the bow valley restaurant, it was good, but nowhere near worth the $100.00 price tag for 3 of us. Go down the road to Phils and get the same breakfast for $20.00!
The service was nowhere near acceptable for the price this hotel commands.
Stay anywhere in Banff, but this hotel. If you want an upscale experience - go to the rimrock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont