Fairmont Banff Springs
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$228
$207
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$151
  • Pool
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$245
$209
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$232
$216
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$192
$178
$213
$166
Agoda.com
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$225
$216
$255
$243
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
7,275 results
All reviewsgold floorbanff springsrundle loungestanley thompson wingthe bow valley grillchop housewillow stream spawaldhaus pubbowling alleythe outdoor heated poolbucket listbeautiful hotellake louisethe main hotelcanadian rockiesself parkingrooms are small
Reviewed May 8, 2009

The view is awesome. The hotel is beautiful! The staff, each and everyone of them so courteous and helpful.

Here is a hint for you weekend travelers, join the hotels travel clubs, in this case the Presidents Club. They will provide free internet, upgrade your room and many other small perks.

While the hotel is beautiful and the rooms very cool due to layout of the hotel, you cannot ignor the fact that the furniture is way out of date and mismatched, looks like your Grannies house gone bad.

My biggest complaint is the bed, no way about it, one of the worst one's I have had to sleep on.
The other os the towels, the quality screams low budget hotel.

If these two things were taken care of I could overlook the furniture.

Had the breakfast buffet, while expensive the food and service was top notch.

Overall I would say go, just be prepaired for a lousy bed and towels.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank 16weekayeartraveler
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I LOVED this hotel. The flowerbeds and flower baskets on the property were splendid. It was lovely to have such ready access to the walking path departing the back of the hotel to the Bow "waterfall" (really more rapid than fall). Tip: the famous photos of the Fairmont Banff Springs from tour magazines are taken across the river from the hotel at a Bow Falls overlook.

The view behind the little Swiss-themed pub was gorgeous. The food there was very good but quite pricey and took quite a while to prepare.

Our room was huge and felt luxurious. The bathroom was also very large. We were on the ground floor and our room looked out onto the beautiful flower beds. Our room had a mini fridge too. Everything was spotlessly clean.

All service personnel we encountered were friendly and helpful, many were from Britain and Australia.

We really enjoyed staying here. I decided to disregard some of the negative reviews and give it a chance. I had been wanting to visit this hotel since seeing photos as a child. It didn't disappoint! It felt very luxurious and we knew we were staying at the best.

The only thing I would caution about: When you arrive be sure and listen very carefully when you are told where your room is. I was the one who parked the car while my husband went up to the room with the attendant/bellhop. I had listened to the vague directions given with minimal attentiveness (must admit). Well, it was a nightmare finding my room. When I asked hotel employees I got two different answers- seems like they have a bit of a hard time too! The hotel can be a bit labriynthian so do yourself a favor and really listen when they tell you how to get to your room! That way you won't spend twenty minutes wandering around like I did!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 8Chocolate
Reviewed April 23, 2009

This hotel is amazing. We spent 2 nights there in late March, we arrived in the early afternoon, kinda impossible to check in early so we wondered around the hotel for an hour and a half. This place is realllllyyy nice, but sooo expensive. They took our bags out of the car and up to our room upon check in, very courteous staff and helpfull in telling us about the hotel and banff itself. I will probably never stay here again cause it's just ridiculously expensive. $35 to have valet parking or $25 to park it yourself, per day. The internet was like $15 per day. But the view from our room and the outdoor poor were amazing. If ya got the money this place is really nice, ya can get some deals online also. I recommend becoming a prefered fairmount member before you go, free of charge and ya get a deal and free internet. Found this out once I got there.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2009

This was our first visit - a family of 5 adults - and we had a suite and a deluxe room in the old section of the hotel. The suite was great with spectacular views of the river valley - luxurious, quiet, but with the character you would expect in this iconic building. This is not a featureless modern hotel! Three adult boys shared the other room and it was just what they needed. I had read mixed reviews of the hotel but our experience was very good. Service was excellent - from the porters, thru reception and housekeeping. Staff at breakfast were particularly friendly. In the latter days of our stay, the hotel was full but the service didn't diminish! The outdoor pool in winter is worth the experience!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2009

We just got back from the Banff Springs. It was by far the greatest Fairmont we ever stayed at. It was truly majestic.

The employees seem to really care and try to make your stay majestic. They knew our name when we were driving up, took care of all of our special requests upfront and upgraded us to a valley view. It was remarkable, as we could see the rockies and elk eating grass by the river. We were greeted with a bottle of champagne and spent 2 nights in relaxation.. We hiked, did yoga and went to the hot spring. They wouldn't even accept our tips!

The food was very good in the hotel, especially the steak and game meat..

Highly recommended if you want quality service, in a serene location.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple