Valet Parking ~ Drove up, greeted right away. Valet took time each time we brought in our car and picked it up to see how our day was going, if we had plans, needed directions. Gave us maps. They always were prompt, and truly are amazing staff.
Front Desk ~ Took us about five minutes to check in, fast and efficient. We were pleased how quickly this went. She gave us directions to elevator to take us to our room.
Rooms~ Although we didn't have the view from the back of the hotel, which is amazing, we had one that looked towards the parking lot, but mountain views are all around you, no complaining from us. Our room was a two queen bed suite. We had a rollaway brought in and also a small fridge. Kuerig coffee maker, iron, blow-dryer and other amenities were provided in room. We loved the mattress and pillows, wish I could have taken these home with me. Super comfortable. Room temperatures were good, but not great. We were there during pretty hot weather and our room never cooled down like we were used to. But not unbearable, just hotter in room than we are used to. Wonderful bath products 'Rose 31' brand. Smelled so good! Our housekeeper did a great job cleaning our room, making it fresh each day. He also remembered our names and was always asking if we needed anything, checking to see how are day was going. Amel was his name and he took great care of us!!
~Grounds BREATHTAKING! beautiful flowers, landscaping, always looked so nice. You can tell the landscaping crew has great pride in the grounds, because it looks amazing.
~ Convention rooms ~ We were on a convention/family vacation. Food that was served was delicious and presented very nicely. The entire staff was so good at making sure the event was perfect. We had one evening with a desert bar, just mentioning that it was very hard to find the coffee table. Many people mentioned the next day, how they wish there would have been coffee served with the desert. They didn't even know there was any coffee.
~ This and that....Wi-Fi was in our rooms, pretty fast service ! Walk into town just a short 20 minute walk. Take the walk by the falls in the back of the hotel, a little longer, but worth the trip as it is so beautiful! Small grocery store and many other shops on grounds. We didn't use any of the spa, golf or other shops, but wanted to mention that they are there.
Overall I would rate this as one of the top resorts that I have stayed at, amazing staff and beautiful resort!
I covered quite a bit, but there are always things that others want to know more about and I would be more than happy to answer your questions if for you. I always like to add the following disclaimer to my posts....I look at the glass half full not half empty, I will be honest with you but you have to remember what I might think is the best, you might not think the same. Tell me what your expectations are and I will tell you if I 'think'' it will be a good match.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont