I have always wanted to experience this beautiful property and the time was now right. My wife and I visited for one night and I only wish it could have been longer. The hotel stands up as a castle in the middle of a mountainous forest. Breathtaking.
The staff are all positive professionals, who told me that gratuities are not accepted by the majority of the staff as the hotel pays them a decent wage. First time I have heard that in Canada.
Our room was modern but ancient, in that it had all of the amenities but the rustic castle interior  blended in with the rest of the venue.
It is located within a National Park and is considered a tourist resort so expect it to be a tad pricey, but the experience is worthwhile. A 15 minute mountain walk to the townsite or a 10 minute walk to beautiful Bow falls.
Several on site restaurant to choose from and I would expect them all to be great, we flipped a coin between the Italian and Canadian Grill. The Canadian Grill won out and we were not disappointed. The view down the valley was stupendous and our server Jeff delightful. The meal was a treat and the wine fantastic. I tried the house cocktail "V G T" [ spelling?] - it was a nice start to the evening, followed by the Bison skewers to share.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont