We spent 2 nights at the Banff Springs in March. We had a Fairmont room in the Stanley Thompson wing. It was a well appointed room with a great view of the mountains. It was quite a hike from the front desk to get there and we did get slightly lost the first time going to the room!
Our room had a king size bed, decent size bathroom and was comfortable for the 2 nights. My only complaint with the room was the heat. It was boiling in our room, even with the heat off completely and the window open. This made it difficult to sleep the first night. The second night we found a fan in the cupboard and had that going all night which made it far more comfortable.
Service at the hotel was good. The hotel switched our rooms around the on our arrival as we travelled with friends, so they were able to accommodate us close together. The only issue we had is we paid by debit the night before we departed for our room and we were overcharged by $50. I'm not sure how this happened and I was too tired to realise at the time. We have since called the hotel and they are refunding this by cheque.
We used the hot tub and pool on our second day and these facilities were great. The outdoor pool was amazing to swim in while it was snowing outside. Definitely a great experience and I would return for that alone!!
Overall it is a beautiful hotel and I'd happily stay there again. We got a great rate and enjoyed the stay. I wish there was a complimentary ski shuttle however like Fairmont Lake Louise. I know the distance is much greater in Banff, but this would have made our trip just that much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont