I stayed here with my mum and daughter the last 2 days of our holiday after a reunion holiday with mums sister. Having driven, it felt, continuously for 2 weeks I was mighty pleased to hand my car keys to valet parking guy! At $10 extra per day it felt at the time a bargain and was vey happy to leave car and luggage for someone else to sort!
Our room sadly was not ready and although the helpful receptionist said someone would ring when ready, they never did. As we had stayed at Fairmont Vancouver we were offered option to join Fairmont Club. Therefore automatically did not pay for internet or daily parking.
Our room was in Stanley Thompson wing, deluxe with lounge and mountain view. Too warm even with the thermostat down?? Room very clean, high quality furniture and decor. Not sure of the room price as we booked through Prestige Travel including flights, car hire and i think you get attractive hotel rate. At the time of booking i remember thinking upgrade was good value and a 'no-brainer'!
The public areas, bars, views were fantastic. Buffet breakfast first rate.
Outside pool with my daughter watching the tops of mountains turn pink at sunset were lovely. Enjoyed the large gin/tonic by helpful waiter in outside pool. I thought it tasted rather good, and then realised afterwards a 'double' gin is equivalent to 4 of our uk shots.
We had 1 evening meal and lunchtime snack. My mother is the most fussy of eaters and i spoke to staff at grill restaurant prior to booking. Special chicken request arrived as promised!
We had had such a lovely 2 weeks holiday with the most incredible blue sky each day. So stay at The Fairmont Banff was a super finish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont