For a hotel that compares itself to the Savoy in London and amongst the world's best I was left disappointed. We had several issues including the fridge not working, coffee we did not order being delivered at 11 o'clock at night and waiting over 20minutes for help with our baggage after being told they would be straight up.
The building itself is lovely and the views were stunning (go for a mountain view its worth it). The room was very generic and quite small. I would recommend to go and have a tour of the building and cocktail in the bar but it wasn't worth the expense of staying.
We left our feedback with the hotel directly after our stay, requesting them to contact us but we heard nothing back from them. I guess the iconic pull of the building is enough to keep people coming but I would not recommend it given how expensive it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont