A HUGE disappointment for a 4 day splurge in the " honeymoon suite" room 987. Peeling wallpaper, stained carpets, tattered chairs, a room so hot we could not sleep, and had no ability to control the temperature.
We paid extra for a room with a Bow Valley view, and requested a room with big windows and a beautiful view. Our room had tiny slit windows, one feet wide, and the only views were the walls. Another HUGE disappointment...a claustrophobic room with teeny windows.
We were told that there were 11 fabulous restaurants to choose from for dinner. After getting dressed (evening gowns, suit) and looking forward to a wonderful dinner out, as husband and wife, we walked to the restaurant only to find the restaurant was closed. No advanced warning that the restaurants are only open on "select" nights". We had no hope of getting in to other restaurants without a huge wait, and wound up having hamburgers in our room. Another HUGE disappointment.
The next day, we dressed in swimsuits, and went downstairs to the pool to relax and take a swim. The pool was drained, and "under maintenance". Another HUGE disappointment.
At check out, we were shocked with the addition of hundreds of dollars, in addition to our room, which was dubbed as " taxes". HUGE and misleading disappointment, when we were quoted one rate, and charged another.
After speaking to the concierge about our disappointments, we were told that the hotel is old, and that is what we should expect, but they will eventually get around to remodeling the rooms.
For our 4 day honeymoon, we paid over $3,000, and left feeling like we were sold the ultimate lemon. Perhaps if the management cares, they will try to make it up to us for an anniversary trip. We were really looking forward to our time in a romantic place, and felt like we were taken advantage of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Fairmont Hotels, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont