I stayed at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in April for a quick birthday trip.
My wife and I stayed in Room 869 which had a mountain view. I read the reviews that said that the rooms at the hotel were small but I found the room to be actually quite nice and a decent size. The bed was really comfortable which I was surprised by as most hotels usually have "middle of the road" beds.
The hotel itself is incredible. Although the stores and spa in the hotel can be a little pricey, the experience of staying at a piece of history makes up for it. Our group spent a lot of time at the outdoor heated pool and the indoor "grotto" hot tub which was quite relaxing. The patio with the view is also amazing.
We had dinner at the Waldhaus restaurant which was really good. We also hit the Waldhaus pub the night before. I found the restaurant and pub staff to be really friendly.
I would highly recommend this hotel to other travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Fairmont Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont