We just spent two nights at the Fairmont Banff Springs and thoroughly enjoyed everything. Right from our first experience with the valet service, everything was exceptional. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, even if we stopped them in the hallway to ask for directions. The hotel is outstanding with so much history and ambiance, not to mention the great setting. Its not often you spend hours just wandering around the hotel exploring, its a good thing we received a map when we checked in.
We stayed in a larger room in the Stanley Thompson Wing, but they have done an excellent job of keeping the Scottish Baronial castle theme throughout. As well with restaurants and lounges in the wing it really does not feel like you are in a different area of the hotel. Our room was plenty large enough for our family of four and although the bathroom was not large it was more than sufficient. We didn't really spend too much time in the room anyways. Other than some infrequent noise from the hallway, the room was very quiet and enjoyable.
The hotel definitely host all the required amenities. There are shops that fairly represent all the shops in town as well as convenience, outdoor gear rental and liquor stores. There is even a bowling alley that offers blacklight bowling. I wasn't sure about the valet parking but in retrospect it was well worth the minor cost. All of the valet staff were exceptional, friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend valet service anytime you bring a vehicle to the hotel. We also enjoyed to pools. The locker rooms were clean and very well maintained, with everything we needed (lockers, towels, hair dryers, hair gel, lotion, showers with body gel, shampoo and conditioner. The even have small plastic bags for your wet swimsuit next to the spinner. We all enjoyed the heated outdoor pool after a trip to Mount Norquay. It was far more relaxing than a trip up to the upper hot springs. I'm not sure what an earlier post said about them being public, you have to use your room card to enter the aquatic centre.
Although not everything was perfect, all of the staff made every effort to make sure our visit was outstanding, which is all a visitor can hope for. There is no doubt that this is a luxury hotel, but it definitely lives up to is heritage and expectations. There are several high end hotels in Banff, but the Fairmont Banff Springs is such a great experience that I recommend it to anyone even considering it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont