We thoroughly enjoyed our week at Banff Springs! It didnt start too well: the room we were initially assigned to was directly over an air-conditioning unit on the roof of the bar below us so that we were blasted with noise and not a very pleasant view. I asked to be switched and to their credit, we did get a better room with a beautiful view of the mountains. No offer to help move our luggage tho. Customer Service is lacking.
The spa was a luxurious experience and sitting on the sundeck on a sunny day was heavenly. Bento box lunch served by the fireplace in the sitting area inside was fun and freshly made.
Rooms in the "older" section are clean well maintained and spacious, if a little dated. Bathrooms are large with plenty of counter space. Windows open for fresh mountain air; hallways are quiet/rooms well insulated from noise. Good variety of restaurants on-site and a short walk to town for more options: an organic sandwich place was a cool find in town! Afternoon High Tea at Fairmont Banff Springs is a little luxury looking out over the mountains of an afternoon - dont miss it, its not a stuffy affair - jeans were worn by most.
The Glaciers are a side trip not to be missed and only an hour's drive or so from the hotel. Lots of walking trails around the hotel property for strolling by the creek. One of our most relaxing and refreshing getaways!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont