The hotel is very nice, but not cheap by any standards. Found the staff very nice and helpfull and really enjoyed Banff itself. Seems they figured out that it's not the place for those with multiple homes that sometimes visit. If you don't have a job there, you don't have a home.
The stores in town are a mix of what you would hope for and expect in a nice area, and what you have come to find is the norm in resort areas but it's easy enough to walk past them.
I like the old rail road hotels in Canada, and while this may have slipped some from the good old days, I found it well worth the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont