Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$320
$287
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$430
$326
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$258
$247
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$301
$517
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
1,305 results
All reviewsevergreen restaurantgrotto spagas fireplacelarge bathroomunderground parkingmineral pooljunior suiteten minute walkhot tubsteam roomcomfortable hotelcomfortable bedsfront desk staffshops and restaurantsking bedbuffet breakfastpremium room
Reviewed May 27, 2013

After many long hours of driving, it was time to call it a night. Not knowing whether Delta Hotels had a property in Banff, Alberta, I called the Delta Privilege reservation line and was quickly connected to the front desk of the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge.
The young lady who answered the phone, Emily, quickly found me a rate I could live with (including free parking), then spent the next ten minutes on the phone with me giving me turn-by-turn directions from the main highway to the hotel front entrance. Much better than any GPS service. In an effort to help me find the property along a somewhat hotel-crowded thoroughfare, she also dispatched Jeremiah, the concierge, to the street to greet me.
Once inside the fabulous post and beam lobby, Emily quickly checked me in. Upon my saying I would love a hot chocolate, Emily arranged with Jeremiah to whip one up and within less than a minute I was standing at the front desk enjoying a hot chocolate and conversation with two of the friendliest staff I've ever encountered at a hotel.
I was upgraded to a large room with a fireplace in front of which I spent half an hour relaxing, and warming. Could have used another hot chocolate but didn't push my luck on that one.
The underground parking space was very clean and I felt no worries leaving my car there for the night.
In the morning, check-out was swift and friendly.
To my surprise, sometime in the night, staff in Guest Services had cleaned my windshield. I noticed a sign on exiting the parking garage that said "Good Morning. To help you enjoy our scenery, Guest Services has cleaned your windshield. Have a pleasant day! WOW! First time that has ever happened when I've been at a hotel.
I highly recommend all Delta properties but this one in particular has earned five big gold stars from me.

Room Tip: Room #216 with the fireplace was fabulous! Comfortable bed, large clean bathroom, and lots of warmth from the gas-fired fireplace. Pull up the arm chair in front and relax.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank kentwaddington
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the fantastic five star review! We are thrilled to hear that you received the quality stay that you deserve while travelling and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful! We appreciate you mentioning our Front Office employees and the services that we offer to each and every guest. We hope to have you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary and wanted a nice place to stay for a reasonable price. I did a great deal or research and chose this facility because of the ratings and price. I reserved a suite.

To start, everything nice in Banff is expensive, especially on a May long weekend. Our experience here was excellent. We were greeted as soon as we arrived. The Check-in experience was great, the concierge service was included in the cost of parking and did not change whether you parked your car or they did. That is a plus compared with the surcharge you often pay. Other services related to the concierge were excellent. Our room was outstanding, clean, updated and the bed was very comfortable. It is close to the downtown and we were able to walk easily to wherever we wanted to go. They have a nice restaurant on site, but we did not eat there, so I cannot comment on the food. This was a perfect choice for this special weekend. We did not use the pool or exercise equipment, but both facilities looked excellent especially the exercise equipment (I am into that lately).

I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John M
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! I am so happy to hear that you experienced an excellent stay and a memorable 35th Wedding Anniversary with us! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff and the services they provided. On behalf of the Delta Banff team, we hope to have you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a West of Canada tour with a group of 26 from the UK and didn't hear a single complaint about the hotel from any of the group. Check in was smooth and swift, the room was spacious, the bed was good and the aircon worked. We had breakfast here once which was good (although the 2 staff serving were overstretched) but expensive so we had breakfast in the town on the other days - there is plenty of choice there and it's less than a 10 minute walk into the town centre.

We had dinner at the hotel twice, once with the group with a limited menu and once a la carte, the food and service for both meals was excellent even though the restaurant was very busy on both evenings.

All in all a nice hotel and were I to visit Banff again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank julesandsand

Thank you for the great review! I am so happy to hear that your tour group enjoyed their stayed with us and we appreciate your feedback regarding our restaurant. I have shared your comments with our staff and we hope to have the opportunity of having you back to our hotel in the future!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

we are traveling 14 days by car through Canada and we have made the hotel reservations before we left from Holland. We were 3 people to share in one room. For all the hotels it works well on the reservation but for Banff on check-in: there is only a reservation for 2 people but it has not been made by us but through a brooker. (not known to us). So we add dollar 25 for an additional person to it.

Next morning on check out: do you think I make for 11 hotels a reservation for 3 people and for Banff for 2. The front desk manager was so polite to take the 25$ off. Good service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rudi O
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for the TripAdvisor review and for sharing your experience with your reservation booking. I apologize for the inconvenience and I am happy to hear that our Front Office Manager was able to correct this situation for you. We hope to have you back to our hotel in the future!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here for the first time with 2 sisters and 3 cousins. The valet and concierge were very helpful. You need to book a reservation for dinner in Banff, and he got us into an excellent restaurant called Le Beaujolais which was just perfect for our request for a fancy dinner together. The Friday night we asked for somewhere fun, but not too loud... he suggested the Banff Brewing Company - again, an absolute hit.
The hotel rooms are very large with a gas fireplace, small fridge, safe, plenty of storage space and very clean. One morning I had breakfast delivered and it was on time and hot! The next morning we took advantage of the buffet which was good, but nothing fancy.
We took advantage of the spa and were extremely pleased with service. The pool area was clean, but the hot tub on Friday was very busy so we skipped it. The water is not chlorinated - another plus.
The walk to downtown was about 5-7 minutes, but was very nice. I didn't take my vehicle out all weekend; we were able to walk to all the venues.
We choose the Delta as it is consistently great service from city to town and we were all visiting from all parts of Canada. Thanks to all at the Delta Banff Royal for such a memorable stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the fantastic five star review!! We are thrilled to hear that you received the quality stay that you deserve while travelling and that our staff were able to help make your stay a memorable and comfortable one for you and your family!! We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with in-room dining and The Grotto Spa. We look forward to your next visit!!