We arrived to find the hotel under pretty major renovations in the front lobby and surrounding area, to the point where I could not hear the clerk at the front desk explain the details of my stay. There were no warnings that the hotel was undergoing renovations, and no discount for the inconvenience, either. The front desk clerk gave us an option to ‘upgrade’ from a room with two queen beds to a room with a king bed for a surcharge (really? Even lower end hotels offer this at no charge these days, especially on days they are not busy, as was the case). The first room we were given had windows DIRECTLY facing the construction (in fact, the construction workers and equipment were within five feet of the window, and visible from the beds). The cordless phone to call the front desk did not work. We asked to be moved, and while we could still see and hear the construction, at least we were one floor up from it. The room condition was ok; the heating had been turned off for a while so it was cold, and there were some suspect stains in the bathroom. The room was very simple - not what you would expect from a lodge (no fireplace, no couch, only two beds and a TV). The best part was the comfortable beds – and we had two of them (!). Overall, I would say that the Banff Delta (along with other Deltas I have stayed at) is more like a three to three and a half star hotel with four star pricing, and I would recommend going elsewhere. The nice furniture does not make up for the lack of service. I know that I will not stay at a Delta again given the choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fine Banff resort welcomes you to experience a restful stay amid the grand surroundings of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This intimate boutique Banff hotel offers 99 guestrooms and suites that are spacious and thoughtfully appointed. Guests of the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge can enjoy fine dining in the Evergreen Restaurant one of Banffs best kept secrets, or a visit to the Grotto Spa. Relax, unwind, and rejuvenate with the soothing sounds of water flowing peacefully over the rundle rock waterfall in the hot mineral pool and luxurious whirlpool. Also a great place for a meeting in Banff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Delta Hotels Banff Royal Canadian Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Banff Royal Canadian Hotel Banff
- Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge
- Banff Delta