Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$338
$319
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$258
$230
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$342
$281
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$291
$620
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
1,305 results
All reviewsevergreen restaurantgrotto spagas fireplacelarge bathroomunderground parkingmineral pooljunior suiteten minute walkhot tubsteam roomcomfortable hotelcomfortable bedsfront desk staffshops and restaurantsking bedbuffet breakfastpremium room
Reviewed February 20, 2012

On February 18, 2012, We booked a room for one night for over $270 a night, final total was $319 with taxes at the Delta Hotel. The service by the staff was cold, the physical appearance of the hotel was nothing to be desired, dark and sad. The room was alright but the view was non existence. The location was not the greatest and worst of all for the price of the hotel, not even a free water bottle was provided. That evening we asked another hotel just closer to the town for the price of one night stay and the price was $164 per NIGHT!! I almost fall back off my seat for the same night. When we looked at hotels in the internet, the cheaper hotel wasn't listed. Well it was a good experience, the lesson to anyone traveling to banff DO YOUR RESEARCH. The cheaper hotel looked nice, was closer to town and had a nice full of people restaurant and bar on the main floor. I guess that speaks well of a place vs a sad looking place. Oh well! At the end of the day just looking at the georgeous mountain make you forget anything even feeling ripped off.

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank cj8v
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
I apologize for the service and product you received during your stay. I have ensured that each department manager has addressed the concerns in your review so that they do not happen in the future. Thank you taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay with us, as we use each review to grow as a team.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went back again to Delta hotel. Only had breakfast at the hotel since other restaurants are within walking distance. service has really improved. There is no service elevator for the staff. But it did not bother me to sometimes share the elevator with laundry carts. Had massage and fascial at the Grotto Spa. The therapist, Polish lady, gave one of the best massages that I have ever had. She did not chatter,was quiet which I prefer. The concierge were alert and we never had to wait despite being probably one the busiest WE, Calgary family WE.
Would definitely recommend the hotel. Going back next year. I get a good deal through the Toyota Club.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank LilianBirgitta
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave your comments regarding your recent stay at the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge. We are consistently reading our online reviews as a way to confirm our service strengths and improve on our weaknesses. Thank you for recommending our spa services which you enjoyed so much on your return visit! Your kind comments will be passed along to Iwona the masseuse. We hope to host you again soon, thank you again for choosing Delta Hotels!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

A beautiful location and hotel, close to downtown but quiet. Linens clean, fresh and comfortable. Grotto spa and steam room very enjoyable and not overcrowded. A little pricey but good value.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Mia2727

Your time and consideration to write a post on your recent stay is much appreciated. Your comments allow us to celebrate the great service and product we provide, and provide future travellers with an insight into what a comfortable, welcoming stay we can provide at the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge. Thank you again for choosing us!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great location, friendly reception and quick checkin. The bellman at the front door could have been friendlier, although we did not use the service. The property is well kept and clean and the room well taken care of. I have a Delta Privilege Platinum membership and was looking forward to the complimentary upgrade to best available room at checkin. Pleasantly instead, I received a courtesy call the day before and was offered an upgrade to an Executive suite, a nice touch. I was welcomed back, offered a fruit tray as a welcome snack which was promptly delivered, and also received a box of truffles and biscotti and thank you card in the room. Having earned the Platinum level membership on frequent business travel, I'm accustomed to the standard evening turndown service, bottled water, chocolates, etc. However, I was surprised that upon returning from dinner that evening, that the room had not been serviced as expected. The welcome snack remains were still present and the pull-out sofa bed had not been set up for the kids. Neither was there any bottled water or chocolates. When I called the front desk to inquire, I was told that I had to specifically request that the bed be made. This came as a complete surprise as it was clear during checkin that our two children were staying in the room with us (it was on the reservation) and even marked on the complimentary breakfast voucher. Housekeeping however was promptly dispatched to rectify the situation. Still, it would have been nice to have received the same level of service as that of the business trips where I've stayed at Delta properties in nearly every province. Breakfast the next morning was well presented, however the eggs benedict with smoked salmon was not hot, though it was tasty. My son did enjoy some delicious pancakes. As we stayed a Thursday evening, there was no buffet on Friday morning, only on weekends. Our breakfast voucher allowed us to order from the menu with a generous allotment of $20 per person. Service was also very friendly. The breakfast dining area was perhaps 1/3 full and so receiving less than hot food seemed hard to fathom. Checkout was equally fast and friendly and we enjoyed the underground parking with the complimentary squeegee windshield cleaning. The pool and hot tub area was not your typical pool area. Instead, with nice lighting, a waterfall, and decorative rocks and plants, it made for a very relaxing experience. We would definitely stay again despite the slight blip in the service level. I would give an Excellent rating, however, with the room servicing error and the breakfast item temperature, I have to reduce it to Very Good.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank YYC2anywhere
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

We highly appreciate you taking the time to submit a review through Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to host Delta Privilege Platinum Members as they have accumulated either 15 + room stays/30 room nights and know what to expect from each Delta stay. We are always trying to then exceed the expectations of these members so that we can create memorable stays. We apologize for the housekeeping service you received during your stay as this late turn down service is not typical of our staff.
We use many different forms of communication to pass long guest information between departments, such as the number of children you will have in your room and if your pull-out couches is needed to be made. This communication breakdown caused the error in our service which you experienced. Your recent review has allowed us to review how and how often we are using our communication channels.
We hope you will choose to stay with us in the near future to see how our service and product improve for your comfort and best stay while away from home on business or pleasure trips. Thank you again for choosing Delta Hotels and the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I checked in to the hotel shortly after lunch and my room was ready, this may not be the norm, but I was very grateful. The room had 2 queen beds (so comfy-wonderful sleep), a gas fireplace, a very very large bathroom with two sinks, a flat screen TV, good size for the room and it swiveled on the dresser, which was good for watching TV buy the fire.
The room was expertly clean and the ameneties are June Jacobs (lotion, mounthwash, shampoo & conditioner, lip balm, body wash and 2 different bars of soap. There were plenty of towels and face cloths as well as a cosy robe for each of us. The room was very quiet (309). The view was OK, you can see the local mountains in town.
The front lobby has a grand log burning fireplace and a comfortable sitting area. In the mid afternoon they served complimentary peppermint tea. Which you could enjoy by the crackling fireplace.
The restaurant serves delicious fare and the service is efficient and friendly, I dined in the restaurant for lunch and dinner, had breakfast sent to the room as well a dessert one night. All meals were exceptional!
I was able to check out the hot tub and not only was the water perfectly warm, the view is not your typical basement hot tub, but rather a waterfall and large windows to the outside patio area.
The spa was relaxing and just what I needed for my mini vacation! I would recommend booking treatments at the same time you book your room, you dont want to be disappointed.
The under-ground parking is roomy ( I drive an SUV) and they squeegie your window for you each night.
This property is top notch and I will absolutely stay here again, it was all the little touches that made this a first class stay. I wish more properties would take the pride that this one takes. Great job!

Room Tip: Try for the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelcoleen
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, It was a pleasure to host your stay in Banff and thank you for taking the time to comment on our room amenities as well as our convenient location along Banff Avenue! Each of our staff members prides themselves on providing straight from the heart service! You highlighted one of my favourite "special touch's" here at the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, cleaning your windshield for a better view. We cannot wait to host your return stay and to create more lasting memories in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Banff.