“A very nice hotel!”

Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, and I must say that this hotel is bigger and nicer than others at least by looking at the front of the hotel. Our room was clean and lovely. My only concern was the carpet. It wasn't laying flat and may pose danger to guests. I also don't like the fact that this hotel charge for wi-fi.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ILoveExploring
There are newer reviews for Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed here on a tour, so no choice of hotel in Banff. My room was clean and comfortable, but no air conditioning and there were things that needed attention. The veranda had no chairs to sit on. The fly screen 'came away in my hand' as soon as I tried to open it. One of the bedside lights turned itself on and off at random after I turned it on.
The restaurant was fine at night - I suspect because it wasn't busy. At breakfast, choose the buffet. It IS good, but more to the point if you opt for the a la carte menu you will wait for a very long time for a simple dish, in my case scrambled eggs! I also noticed (and I had plenty of time to do so) that breakfasters coming after me were served first. Is this a hotel where single women become invisible??
The concierge will book tickets for the chair lift 'to save you queuing' but omits to tell you that what you get is not a ticket but a voucher which you have to queue with and exchange for a ticket. Also the concierge will not deal in cash - does the management not trust its employees?
Overall, despite its central location, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nice hotel. The staff at the front desk were very polite and knowledgable and were quick to help out. Automatically gave us an upgraded room with out being asked. While the rooms are a little tired, they still were very comfortable, and had everything we needed.

Only complaint is that they do not have air conditioners in the rooms, and we were there during a very hot spell, so the rooms were a little warm until later in the evening.

We did not use any of the services or restaurants of the hotel, so can not make any comments on these.

Overall, we had a very nice stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel will be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Banff Park Lodge was an excellent hotel for our family of four. The room was very spacious, remodeled, two large bathrooms and clean. The restaurant and bar were very good and the staff was excellent. The location of the hotel was right in town with easy access to shops and restaurants. The town of Banff, from my perspecitve, was too commercialized. Everything I had heard about Banff from people who have visited the town many years ago was the exact opposite of my experience. We heard from a local that the town council really began pushing for more commericialization over the last ten years which is a shame. The town is very clean and has many really nice restaurants and shops but it has lost its western identity. The town is situated in a very scenic area with the Bow river running through it and it is close to most Banff park activities. Activities I would highly recommend are the Banff gondola, Johnston Canyon hike, Lake Louise, Lake Agnes tea house hike, Moraine lake, Bow river raft trip, Lake Consolation hike, and Yoho National Park including the Takakaw falls hike. Wish we had more time in the area to really explore Yoho National Park! The last part of my review will be under the Jasper House Bungalows hotel review.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights while on a Trafalgar tour in late May. We were on the first floor and while we had a patio there were no chairs to sit on. The hotel does not have air conditioning and our room got stuffy. We couldn't leave the sliding patio doors open since we were on the first floor near the street. The lighting in the room was poor and therefore the room was dark. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Had the breakfast buffet and thought it very good with lots of choices.
The hotel is within easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping and the Bow River.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel, although comfortable, shows its age and need some updating. The rooms, however, are nice and spacious. We were there in mid-July, and the hotel was bedecked with beautiful hanging flowers around the building. It is conveniently located, and is in walking distance to shops, restaurants, and museums. The view of the mountains are breathtaking, and even saw some wildlife.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Largely due to its excellent location in a quiet street which is nevertheless only a couple of minutes from the many restaurants in this busy little town this was one of our favourite hotels on our recent tour of Canada. Rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained with decent fridge and coffee machine. We particularly liked the provision of a complimentary safe which we had not had elsewhere. Wi fi had been prearranged by our tour organisers but normally costs 10 dollars a day. Unfortunately the signal was often unreliable and I've got to say that I would have been reluctant to pay. We also found it strange that the code for the wi fi changed each day so it was necessary to continually re register. That aside we were very satisfied with the Banff Park Lodge and would stay here again if we returned to the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends