Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$446
$333
$306
$530
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Siding 29 Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$432
$319
$378
$302
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$363
getaroom.com
$292
TripAdvisor
2,360 results
All reviewseucalyptus steam roomgreat locationchinook restaurantpillow menucar washunderground parkingper daybow riverroom was largebreakfast buffetgreat place to stayshops and restaurantsthe main streetcentral locationfront desk staffbit datedking bed
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Well spread out Hotel with Opulent Lobby Area which has some pretty nice shops . Central location within walking distance of downtown area with shops,restaurants, money changers,bars etc.We had a Room facing the main road with a balcony.The Room, a bit dated but clean,spacious and comfortable.Good sized bathroom with all amenities and shower pressure. The elevators appeared a little dated and rickety but did the job well.Breakfast spread large and varied. A very comfortable stay since you have total access to the downtown and great dining and shopping options

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank subchat
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We overnighted at BPLR, which overall I would give three to fours stars. Well situated central location. Value for money was fair, rooms rather sparten (eg no desk or terrace furnature) the terrace restaurant was very good. The underground parking ($10/night) was easlily accessible with luggage.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rollingstone8
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very pleasant hotel, stayed here a few times now with the latest a business trip. Very comfortable, though a little dated. Good facilities and the breakfast is excellent, much better than across the street where I have been going for years. Parking is a little awkward but with an underground heated area still very welcome.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rae g
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We would gladly return here as a base for exploring the area again. We liked the convenience of having a short walk to restaurants, two different grocery stores, or shops. A block away in the other direction took us to a walkway along the river. Our room was very comfortable with a table and chairs in a corner of the bedroom alongside the sliding glass door. The small balcony had a somewhat obstructed view of the mountains but was missing any chairs. The bathroom had a large counter and there was a separate sink area outside the bathroom area. The breakfast buffet had extensive options with three separate food stations. All the staff we spoke with at the desk and in the restaurant were friendly, helpful, and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank 2seniors53
Reviewed August 5, 2013

we have just returned from the Banff park lodge, and were disappointed in it and what they have done. I have stayed there 2 times before, and this was not the level I was used to. First they have started charging for the underground parking 9.50 a night. you have no unlimited wifi access it is $10.00 for 24 hr/s access code when it works. The shower fixtures were upgraded and it is very hard to get regulated temperature and pressure, my wife almost burned herself. We ordered room service and and the order came wrong after waiting 1hr. My wife using the pool the complimentary towels that were supplied got one with a blood stain on it it was clean. At check out my wife was told they couldn't split the credit card in to 2 separate transactions on the same card, the manager had to step in on that one and she did accommodate us ( it is just how our point system works ) . they do need to upgrade there beds as the queens look just like re branded double bed my daughters bed was bigger at home and it is a queen.

now to be fair the dinner supervisor did comp our meal and re cook it. and had it to us in 20 min but my 3yr daughter was starving by then. and after my wife had a discussion with the manager the wifi was given to us and the parking was taken off. so they did make it right.
If I am paying 300 a night taxes included, my service level expectation is going to be higher and it wasn't meet till we had to talk to management.

I feel a hotel with this standard need to keep up with the times and give a little more if they are going to up the price and the service level deteriorates.

positive side the food is still excellent and there location is still the best for access to the downtown and walking. tip the shepherds pie is very good.

I think we will be staying at another hotel like the rim rock next time as I can get the hotel for the same price and have heard very good things about it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family