2,672 results
All reviews great location pillow menu eucalyptus steam room car wash underground parking bow river per day the main street room was large great place to stay breakfast buffet front desk staff shops and restaurants bit dated close to downtown king bed lake louise
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Spent two nights at the lodge and absolutely loved it. Staff were always helpful and friendly and able to accommodate our many requests. The room was huge and perfect for a couple on a weekend getaway. The jacuzzi was amazing! We also made use of the fantastic pool area (definitely more for adults than children). Had breakfast in the Chinook restaurant which had great mountain views and a wide selection on the buffet and menu. Were able to walk downtown to shops and restaurants within minutes. Could not have asked for a better time! Will be recommending to everyone!

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank breezey103
Reviewed June 5, 2008

Living in Calgary, we are lucky enough to visit Banff often and stay overnight at least once per year. I have stayed at several moderate to better properties and so far the Banff Park Lodge is my favorite. It's located about 2 blocks from downtown so you can just leave your car and walk. The pool area is newly renovated and has the look of a nice spa - natural stone, a fire-place and seating area, clean locker-rooms and plentiful towels. It's salt-water and also features a jacuzzi, plunge pool, and steam room. It's an older property (I remember staying there as a kid 25+yrs ago) but it's been well cared for and renovated. We booked a B&B rate as it was only about $9/more per night and figured even if it was just coffee and a muffin it'd be worth it. We and were pleasantly surprised to find that we were entitled to the $18 breakfast buffet which featured hot and cold food, fruit, pastries and coffee/tea/juice. My only complaints are that they don't inform you of the $8/day parking charge, either when you're booking or on check in and we had booked a room with 2 beds and were given a king plus hide-away. Overall though, I would recommend it.

1  Thank jewelsmum
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I came to the BPL with my girlfriend last summer on our trip through Alberta into BC. We decided to stay at the BPL because we saw it had vacancy and because it was only a few minutes from down town. The front desk staff was really helpful and got us checked in quite quickly.
Our room was a decent size and clean, no complaints there. After getting in we took the short walk into down and had a wonderful night.
The next morning we decided to go down for the buffet in the Chinook restaurant. The food was quite delicious (although a bit cold) and the wait staff was very friendly and helpful. Our server Peter was great.
We checked out that morning and were on our way.
I had a wonderful stay at this hotel.
The only thing that bothered me was when we were leaving we ran into a staff member who was coming off work. I believe his name was To to, like that little dog from the Wizard of Oz. He was quite rude to us when we asked for directions. Not to mention he was the most vile creature I had ever lay eyes on. His evil face and coughing still haunt my dreams.
Aside from that it was a brilliant stay.

Date of stay: July 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seanbert
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I stayed at the Banff Park Lodge for one week at the end of September 2007 for a work conference. The conference facilities are okay, but may be a bit dated. The rooms are average - and it appears they could use a few renovations. The beds are not very comfortable.

However the maid service is good. We had meals included with conference and some days the meals were quite good, however other days the food was off. For example, one evening the chicken tasted like it had been cooked with dish soap.

I have stayed at the Rimrock and the Banff Caribou Lodge and they are much better value for the money.

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Myself and 2 friends have just returned from a weeks skiing in the Banff/Lake Louise area. We stayed at the Banff Park Lodge and would definately recommend! Now Ok this isn't 5* or 6 * but it does blow any, and i mean any European ski hotel out of the water - as does skiing in Canada in general! We stayed in a Lodge suite which for 7 nights cost us £350 each - thats Travel Lodge money!!! The suite had 3 queen size beds, living/dining room and 2 full granite bathrooms. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly, the hotel was clean, the buffet breakfast was fantastic. There really was nothing to fault at all.
Banff itself is incredible. The nightlife superb and the locals are just so friendly. I will NEVER ski Europe again. As for the food - well you cannot have a bad meal. The Alberta AAA steaks are the best kept secret in the world. I have eaten and raved about Kansas beef, Kobi beef and Aberdeen Angus but never had beef as good. BEST place to eat - Saltlik Restaurant- I have eaten in what are supposed to be the best in the world but the level of service and food here is incredible. We had the "nearly famous ribs" to start , AAA Alberta Grande fillet with layered potatos, garlic asparagas and a good bottle of red - about £30 each - superb. Other great places - Grizzly's - you can eat, beef, rattle snake, buffalo, elk, chicken etc etc - and you cook it yourself on hot rocks at the table - great experience!! Nightlife- too much to mention- but you have to go to the Karioke at Wild Bills - just for the local talent! There is just too much good about Banff and i do not have long enough to say all - Just go!!!! Oh and the skiing is the best - no queues, vast open expansive slopes, polite staff and fellow skiiers. You have to go - especially with the strength of the £ against Canadian $. It is as cheap if not cheaper than Europe and so much more quality for money. We flew with Zoom direct from Manchester to Calgary - £600 return - business class, hotel £350 - 7 nights.

Date of stay: February 2008