“Great stay in Banff”

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Melbourne, Australia
“Great stay in Banff”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and loved our stay. A comfortable room and a great swimming pool which was lovely to frequent after a day walking. Huge shout out to a member of reception, Pam, who went above and beyond to help us out after a bus crashed into our parked car! Much appreciated.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2013

After several visits to the Banff Park Lodge, my now-husband and I knew it would be the perfect place for our then future wedding. Not only is the BPL a sentimental place for the both of us, we have always had a great experience staying with this lovely hotel.

The event planning staff were ideal while planning our wedding. Never had an issue with calls not being returned, and they were very accommodating of the many changes and last minute decisions we made along the way.

Both our ceremony and reception were held at the BPL on October 6th, 2012 in the Glacier Salon.

The room was gorgeous and was set up exactly how I had imagined it would be. I had requested extra trees in the room which were all brought in and placed perfectly. The seating chart I had made was also done exactly as I had instructed during the ceremony and reception.

Service is always extraordinary at the BPL but we were truly blown away by the wait staff and of course our fantastic bartender.

Most of ur wedding guests would agree one of the best parts of our reception was the amazing buffet dinner. Everything was great and there was certainly a lot for people to choose from, especially the dessert buffet.

Overall, I would rate our wedding experience a 10/10 and look forward to many more stays with the Banff Park Lodge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have always enjoyed the Banff Park Lodge and this time was no exception!
Reasons why:
The rooms are exceptionally clean.
The staff always greet you with a friendly good morning and a smile.
The beds are extremely comfortable!
The meals are great - I highly recommend the Western Buffet.
The location is perfect!
In short, the Banff Park Lodge is better than home!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank RickandVicky
Vancouver
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just off The Main Street. Our room was a bit dated but it was large, clean, and quiet. Parking was an issue for our SUV with the ski top carrier which exceeded the max height for underground parking but street parking was easily found. Some areas of the hotel are being updated. The breakfast buffet was a full breakfast including omelet bar, etc. housekeeping staff were attentive. Great location for the price!

Our only criticism was the bed covers! While the beds were comfy, the covers on them were so slick that they didn't stay on the bed and we kept waking up with only a sheet covering us. The extra blankets resolved that issue but it was an unusual problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rainyvanc
Stony Plain, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Travelled here in mid-March for a company sponsored family getaway. Arrived on a Friday and the check-in was super efficient. Room was ready with no problems.

Our third floor room had two queen beds and faced the street, but noise was never an issue. The room was very clean, and everything worked fine. A little dated perhaps, but all was good. The rooms are super quiet! No outside noise, no hallway noise,and you can't hear any noise from neighbouring rooms.

We the in the Chinook restaurant. Service was excellent, and their seafood buffet was fantastic. It's not cheap, but the food and service is so good you won't care.

We took the kiddies to the pool in the evening and it was really nice. Very clean, with a nice fireplace-equipped sitting area for those not taking a dip. I found the water too cold, but I think that about most pools. I suggest you bring goggles. It didn't smell overly chlorinated, but my eyes were so red and sore father swimming. Moreso than any other pool I've been in.

The next night we had diner in the banquet room. Again, the service was excellent and the food was great. No complaints about food at all.

Parking can be an issue. There is a ton of heated indoor parking, with a complimentary car wash, for $9 a night. But FYI drive a truck, you may not fit. My 2013 Ram 1500 would not fit through the door due to height restrictions. There is free parking outside, but not much of it.

Room Tip: If it's just two of you, ask or the Rundle Parlour suite. Trust me on this.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan C
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I spent the past weekend at the Banff Park Lodge for a Convention. Each Staff Member was very Professional, Courteous, and Friendly from the Front Desk, Concierge, Valet to Parkade and Housekeeping! My Room was immaculately clean and presented lovely in every detail. The Banquet Feast was exceptional and delectable. Far above any expectations I might have had. I highly recommend a stay at this Facility and I surely intend to be a repeat guest! It was sad to say goodbye when I felt like Royalty! <3

Room Tip: My Room was perfect! I surely appreciated a steaming HOT Shower in the morning. Lots of water pres...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Lorraine O
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have been twice to Banff lodge and met by hotel staff and easy time signing in.One family member went boarding second day.Weather was cold but the fireplace were kept fired up and warm.Dinner and lunch were as expected great.There were elk around but they never bothered us.Our rooms were in separate building and the walk was nice after our meals.Having a fridge and microwave was nice so we could have snacks after boarding.Thank you

Room Tip: The atmosphere was very relaxing and quiet.Sitting in a wing chair around the fireplace was nice for...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family