We have just spent 2 weeks at the resort for our honeymoon. We stayed in what can only be described as "cosy" accomodation, room 167. Our initial thoughts were "How come we payed £448 supplement because it was just 2 staying and not 4" As you enter, you enter the bedroom with a double bed, then directly into the kitchenette (with no dividing door) and then from there, directly into the living room. The view was spectacular, overlooking the mountain and the wood fire was a bonus. we came to unpack, but where do you put your stuff? espacialy as it's winter and we had all our ski gear. a VERY small hanging area, which was not screened and a drawer each. The bedroom was dark, with only 1 bedside light. The bathroom led off the kitchenette, which had a door you'll be delighted to hear! The whirlpool was a bonus. We stayed for 2 weeks and the house keeping came daily to flash a wet cloth and change the towels, but NO HOOVER for 2 WEEKS!!!!! The room was extremly hot, with no way of altering the temp, so resorted with having the balcony door open to let the freezing night air in!
Other than that we had a lovely stay.We found the put me up more comfortable than the bed, so spent a few nights on that. the location was great, out of the hussle and bussle of the main town, and regular buses down, which cost CAN$2 each or a cab for around CAN$7. There where lots of great trail walks close to the resort, which we foung ideal as we love to walk, and as there had been very little snow in Banff town since Xmas, (Lots in the ski resorts) we found the trails easy to walk.
We requested wood and other kitchen items on several occassions asnd found the service staff came immediatly.
the resort is self catering, which is why we chose it, but food prices are through the roof! I paid CAN$7 for a bag of grapes and almost CAN$4 for a can of tomatoes! Use Nesters though as it's cheaper with a larger selection than safeway. If wsshing, don't use the small laudrey located within the gym as I did a wash and it didn't spin. For CAN$1 more use the laudrey in Douglas Fir across the road. There is a small grocers at Douglas Fir with the basics, however it's expensive. If you like a drink, buy duty free, a cheap bottle of wine cost CAN$15 and a bottle of spirit cost CAN $25-CAN$35.
So overall the location was great for us, but didn't surfice a 2 wek stay, would be idal for a quick 2 day tour through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunnel Mountain Resort has everything you need for a perfect Banff vacation. Come get swept away in the majestic beauty of our Canadian Rockies resort. Our 96 unit resort in Banff National park has a wide variety of accommodations to suit every taste. The Tunnel Mountain Condos, Chalets, Cabins and Suites are perfect for the family or a getaway with friends or co-workers. The Executive Suites are ideal for the business traveler and perfect for couples looking for a luxurious, romantic Canadian Rockies getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tunnel Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunnel Mountain Hotel Banff
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Resort
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Chalet Hotel
- Tunnel Mountain Chalet
- Tunnel Mountain Banff