Stayed 1 week on a holiday, self-catered double suite.
Check in staff were exceptionally friendly. Rooms were basic but cosy, heated floors are a nice touch however we found that even with the heating turned off, the temperature in our room was incredibly stuffy and hot because of the floors, we woke up each morning with red eyes and a dry throat. In winter this extra heating may have been appreciated but in Autumn it's just overkill. Ended up having to keep the door open the entire time just to get some air in there.
The resort is a 10-15 minute walk out of town- close enough to walk in the summer or spring months if you're not afraid of hills, however would not recommend staying there without a car in the winter months- too far from town for comfortable -10 degrees weather walking.
Average place- good for the traveler on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunnel Mountain Resort has everything you need for a perfect Banff vacation. Come get swept away in the majestic beauty of our Canadian Rockies resort. Our 96 unit resort in Banff National park has a wide variety of accommodations to suit every taste. The Tunnel Mountain Condos, Chalets, Cabins and Suites are perfect for the family or a getaway with friends or co-workers. The Executive Suites are ideal for the business traveler and perfect for couples looking for a luxurious, romantic Canadian Rockies getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Tunnel Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunnel Mountain Hotel Banff
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Resort
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Chalet Hotel
- Tunnel Mountain Chalet
- Tunnel Mountain Banff