Last minute trip to Banff with my son; usually stay at Hidden Ridge but was sold out. Booked into Tunnel Mountain as they had a couple of places left. Stayed in a single bedroom with loft. Place was clean and friendly staff. Got an excellent rate on the room but observed that the interior finishes were a distant second to our usual places. Bed had a distinct concave shape and kitchen was not well equipped, including absence of salt and pepper shakers. More exterior BBQ's would have been an asset. In addition, missed an outdoor hot-tub. If you have two or more coffee drinkers...bring your own machine if travelling by car as the one provided was basically for a single user, or prepare for a Starbucks drive-by.
Place was nice and quite, particularly in the evening, probably due to the number of young families staying at the place.
Overall, would consider staying again but it would not be my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunnel Mountain Resort has everything you need for a perfect Banff vacation. Come get swept away in the majestic beauty of our Canadian Rockies resort. Our 96 unit resort in Banff National park has a wide variety of accommodations to suit every taste. The Tunnel Mountain Condos, Chalets, Cabins and Suites are perfect for the family or a getaway with friends or co-workers. The Executive Suites are ideal for the business traveler and perfect for couples looking for a luxurious, romantic Canadian Rockies getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Tunnel Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunnel Mountain Hotel Banff
- Tunnel Mountain Banff
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Chalet Hotel
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Resort
- Tunnel Mountain Chalet