1,294 results
All reviews steam shower tunnel mountain executive suite living room jet tub full kitchen gas fireplace free firewood downtown banff king bed front desk staff free bus short drive indoor pool the main street lake louise balcony
Reviewed October 9, 2012

So I happened to forgot the my credit card, but got my debit card and cash with me. The front desk didn't let me stay at my prepaid reso unless I can pay the deposit with a credit card. not even if I offered to pay three times the amount with debit or cash!!! I asked him to call his supervisor and he said it's too late at night (9pm) HOWEVER, he suggests me to call my friends or family to give them a credit card number to get the deposit!! STUPID policy with ignorant staff whom doesn't think outside the box!!! Worst part? LOTS of bed bug bites after two nights!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Ben L
TunnelMtn, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Hello benlao168,
Thank you for your review of the property. I am sorry to hear that you forgot your credit card. We do make it very clear on all communications from the hotel regarding reservations that we will need a credit card to be produced at time of check in. This is a common industry standard.
Your comment that you received bites while in Banff is very concerning. Please contact me directly as soon as possible to let me know your room number. We contract a certified preventative pest control company that inspects our property monthly. Once we receive your room number, we will have them do an additional inspection as soon as possible to ensure our rooms were not exposed to bugs during your stay. We will get back to you with their findings.
Regards,
Paul Baxter

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

After an amazing experience we had the first time we stayed here my family and I decided to book a couple cabins for thanksgiving. Everything was perfect. We couldn't have asked for anything more. The kitchens in the units had everything we needed to cook dinner and anything extra we asked for was brought by the cheerful and friendly staff with in minutes. The room was clean and it was nice to sit by the wood burning fire place after dinner while enjoying the beautiful view.

If you are planning a family get-a-way over the holidays this should be the first place on your list to stay. We will definitely be celebrating our holidays here.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank detroitwhaaaaaaat
TunnelMtn, Front Office Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, It was a pleasure to host your return visit, I am very happy to hear we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one for you and your family. We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again over the holidays.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you have your own rental car the location of this resort is very convenient on Tunnel Mountain, only a short drive to downtown.
We stayed 4 nights in a one-bedroom suite.
The bedroom was the first room after entering the suite and quite dark (which was uncomfortable while packing or un-packing the luggage but good for sleeping). From the bedroom you go through the kitchen into the very spacious living room. The bathroom is big enough and features a bathtub with whirlpool function. The kitchenette is equipped with a huge fridge & freezer; the rest of the equipment could be better. I especially missed salt, pepper and some herbs or oil for cooking. There was no dish liquid in the kitchen so we couldn’t do our dishes manually and had to use the dishwasher (which was as a consequence running half empty).
We didn’t use the balcony because of the changeable mountain weather. It would have been nice if the chairs outside had been a bit cleaner. Our suite was on the ground floor, so we didn’t dare to leave the balcony door open during the night because the bedroom was, as mentioned before, on the other end of the suite.
The interior of the suite is in darker colours and will not appeal to people who prefer modern surroundings.
The personnel at reception was friendly. One evening our key cards didn’t work (of course when we were laden like donkeys with rucksacks and purchases from the supermarket) but after a short excursion to the reception we received new ones.
Our stay was okay (even if I got an electric shock from the cursed hair dryer) - but taking into account the considerable price, the complete suite could be in better condition (e.g. there were tiles missing in the kitchen).
Next time in Banff, I will try my luck somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nadine W
youknowwhoIam, Front Office Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you very much for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is through your comments and feedback that we are able to improve our service, and facility

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We booked an executive suite and will stay here again. We really like that it was quiet and out of the way from busy downtown but close enough that you could easily walk in good weather. It is an older resort but a good price for some of it's amenities. The king sized bed was comfortable and we liked the option of a steam shower or jacuzzi tub. Our bed was made when we arrived but not very neatly and though the bathrom was clean it looked as though it hadn't been deeply cleaned in awhile. All in all not a bad option if you're not a stickler about certain things.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ABBaird

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for posting a review on your recent stay. I hope your review provides useful advice to our future guests.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The resort is pretty old and in need of a lick of paint. However it is clean and teh accomodation is very spacious so you have lots of room for all your gear. Each accomodation has a spacious lounge and kitchen area and tehre are two bedrooms in each (one double and teh other with twin beds). You could easily sleep 5 or 6 if folk used the sofas as well. The hotel does not have anywhere to eat so you have to go out unless you want to cook yourself

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Royboy67

Thank you for sharing your comments. I hope you can visit again in the future, we look forward to welcoming you again