1,708 results
All reviewsgranolahot tubeconomy roompremium roombreakfast staffbreakfast was includedbreakfast roomthe main streetshops and restaurantstwo sinksthird floorsteam roomstreet noisewould definitely stay here againunderground parkingstayed here for nightswithin easy walking distance
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This was my first time in Banff. Great place to stay and especially for the price. It was on the main street, Banff Ave and right down the block from a ton of restaurants, shops, and bars. The only negative thing I have to say is that the heater in the room is pretty loud and there's no room service. Those weren't major drawbacks though. I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Would stay here again, hotel is good value and in great location, just a short walk to centre of town. Breakfast is basic but good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We stayed one night before heading to Calgary to fly home. I don't recall the rate we paid, but we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality we got in return so no complaints about the cost. We had one of the refurbished rooms on the top floor, very stylish and large with huge windows. The bathroom was a little small but sufficient. We had air conditioning and free wireless internet, maybe that has changed since some other reviewers stayed there. I would agree about street noise, but the hotel is on the main drag into Banff (as are most of the others), so I'm not sure what the staff are supposed to do about it. The breakfast was fine, a little basic but up to Best Western standards, and the staff were very friendly. My only complaint was about the parking - when we returned late at night after having some problems with the car, there were no parking spaces available even though only hotel guests are allowed to park there. I asked at reception and was told that some guests had brought multiple cars for one room. It seems rather ridiculous that the hotel does not restrict guests to one parking voucher per room...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Thanks for the review! Our newly renovated guestrooms offer amazing value for a 3 star Banff hotel; so glad you were able to enjoy. Wireless internet is now included in our room rates, this changed in July 2010. We now offer complimentary wireless, parking and continental breakfast. The hotel does not have air conditioning; it is good the room temperature suited you.
Our parking is subject to availability and unfortunately the hotel is unable to restrict the number of cars that each guest brings. Additional parking may be available on both side streets of the hotel.
Our Canadian Rockies Continental Breakfast includes baked goods, homemade granola, cereals, fruit salad, fresh bread and yogurt. It is the perfect start to your day in Banff!
See you soon~

Reviewed October 29, 2010

For 95,20$ we had the premium room with a large queen size bed and a living room, all freshlty renovated. Plus, we enjoyed the brand new dry sauna and the original one... PLUS two brand new eated outdoor pool. And I'm not even talking about the breakfast (included)! The night before we stayed at the Fairmount Lake Louise Hotel and the breakfast was nit even close to the quality of the one we enjoyed at the Banff Aspen Lodge.
I would recommend it to all my friends visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review! I am so glad that you were able to experience the hotel’s newly renovated guestrooms; they are gorgeous. The two outdoor hot tubs with an outdoor fireplace, steam room and sauna are an amazing way to relax after a day exploring Banff/Lake Louise. And of course, the breakfast is delicious as well~

Reviewed October 27, 2010

My brother and I stayed here for a total of four nights in August 2010. In high season, it was hard to find somewhere under $200/night, and I was worried that this relatively inexpensive hotel would be cheap for a reason! No such worries, though. Almost everything was great. We stayed for two nights, went up to the Glacier View Inn for one night, and then returned here for two more nights. Both our rooms had two double beds, a balcony, and a large bathroom with full tub (sink outside the bathroom). Everything was clean. The rooms aren't giant but were perfectly adequate for two people, and the wireless internet was very helpful. Parking is either in a garage or around back, covered.

Breakfast is included and was good, except for the baked goods (I tried them at least twice and they were dry each time). Other available breakfast items were cereal, yogurt, fruit salad, toast, and perhaps a few other things I'm forgetting. If we got to the breakfast room later than 8:30, we had to wait a little bit for a table (the breakfast room is run like a restaurant, where a host or hostess will seat you and bring your coffee/tea/juice).

The only negative I can think of was the thin doors - the housekeeping staff was pretty loud in the early morning, so to sleep in I would bring earplugs. I always bring some and I wasn't bothered. The hotel is not air conditioned, but we were there during the warmest time of year and only wished for it one out of four nights (apparently it was unusually warm). If we had thought to open the door it would have been no problem!

The location is good, about five minutes' walk from the "main drag" of Banff and easy access from the Trans-Canada Highway. The staff was friendly and willing to give recommendations and information. There is a hot tub if that's of interest. Overall, definitely recommended.

• Stayed: August 2010

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s complimentary parking, wireless internet and continental breakfast. We are one of the few hotels in Banff who include all three amenities in our room rates.

I will pass your comments about the baked goods onto our Breakfast Room manager; I know that most guests really enjoy them (especially our delicious cinnamon buns)! I will also make our Housekeeping Manager aware of your review.

Our central location is very convenient and the perfect base for your Banff Getaway. Thanks again!