Banff Aspen Lodge
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$228
$207
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$151
$141
$406
$311
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Siding 29 Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$279
$269
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$245
$209
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$232
$216
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$192
Agoda.com
$255
$243
1,577 results
All reviewsgranolahot tubeconomy roompremium roombreakfast staffbreakfast was includedbreakfast roomthe main streettwo sinksshops and restaurantsthird floorsteam roomboiled eggswould definitely stay here againfew minutes walkunderground parkingstayed here for nights
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have to say that I was expecting a much better room than what I paid for. My husband and I booked a room after scouring the internet for any summer specials. Justhotels showed a price of $219 for a "premium" room which we booked for $169. What we got was just 1 queen sized bed with a small sitting area on the ground floor... Wow. Really? This is premium. Please. People were walking back and forth across the grass in front of our room constantly, there was no "balcony" as advertised and it was pretty basic accommodations.

When we settled into our room I was pretty ticked, thinking we had booked a nice room when it was pretty standard. Best Western motel standard. No one should be charged $219 for this room ever.

If you want internet you have to pay for that as well. $5 for an hour or $10 per day. Nice. I used my husband's 3g to check the hotel website, and what do you know I find this special being advertised.

Frugal Days - Celebrate 125 Years of Banff National Park
Frugal Days are back at the Banff Aspen Lodge to celebrate 125 years of Banff National Park. Premium room rates starting at $125 on select dates throughout the summer months~
**Book now to receive Incredible Savings...
Single$139
Triple$162
Double$139
Quad $184
All taxes included in the above rates
**Room rates include our Canadian Rockies Continental Breakfast and parking**
I wanted to inquire as to why we were paying far more than the current special, after already receiving a special which was to be the "best deal". Yet it was $30 more than the advertised hotel special on their website.

I was getting ready to check out when the cleaning people barged in and were shocked to see me there. Did they not realize I was checking out? It's only 10 am and they are trying to clean before I left? Rude.

At the reception we asked why we were paying more than the current rates and the staff had nothing to say. We had booked 3rd party and they wouldn't change our rate now. So they basically PRETENDED the prices were more, had a 3rd party show a partial discount, but then if you booked with the hotel directly you would have gotten an even lower price. This is shameful and a poor way to do business.

Needless to say after feeling pretty deceived and ripped off we will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tropicaltravels6
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2010

Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed your time in Banff National Park! Our Premium Rooms are advertised as having a balcony or patio, depending on the level that you stay on. The regular rate for this room is $219, but the hotel had a Summer Special in-place when you booked. The travel industry does do last minute discounts when inventory needs to released, which is only applicable on specific dates and must meet certain restrictions. The Frugal Day Sale needed to be pre-booked on our website and was only valid on a few select dates in June and July.

Due to the fact your reservation was made through a third party company, payment was taken by that provider and all cancellations and changes must be made in the same manner (adhering to that provider’s cancellation and change policies).

The Banff Aspen Lodge has recently changed our guest wireless provider and we welcome all guests to return to Banff Aspen Lodge to enjoy FREE wireless included in all room stays. We now include wireless internet, parking and our Canadian Rockies Continental Breakfast in all room rates!

Finally, 2/3’s of our guestrooms have been newly renovated. A request for a newly renovated room can always be made at time of booking and we will do our best to meet special requests. All rooms will be fully renovated by December 31, 2011

Reviewed July 15, 2010

Recently been renovated. Liked the outdoor hot tub and the breakfast. Would recommend and would stay again. Great location also

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dkm101

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel; looking forward to having you stay with us again sometime soon. On your next visit you will be able to enjoy free wireless internet!

Reviewed July 1, 2010

Our stay at the Banff Aspen Lodge was great. The hotel offered a package on their websight called, "Banff Culture And Sights," which included a ride on the Banff Gondola and a soak in the Banff Upper Springs. This was a good deal and very enjoyable. The room was clean and well decorated with all the amenities you would need for comfort. We enjoyed the hot tub with the fireplace, which added a special touch. The balcony was large with a fantastic view of the mountains and town. Breakfast was very good with fresh baked breads, pastries and granola. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much that we returned for another two nights after going to Jasper.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richintennessee10
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Thank you for your review. The Banff Gondola and Banff Upper Hot Springs are key things to do while in town and I’m glad you were able to enjoy them through our “Banff Culture and Sights” package! I love hearing that you returned to the hotel after spending some time in Jasper; I will pass this along to the entire Banff Aspen Lodge team and thank them for their hard work ~

Reviewed June 29, 2010

What a lovely little hotel. Loved the decor -warm lodgey and modern combined- I kept
saying to my husband "who ever designed the interiors of this hotel knew what they were
doing". Very clean, and the staff are friendly. Loved the modern relaxing outdoor hot tubs. Excellent location, close to everything, yet far enough from the crowds. The beds were comfortable, the only down fault was the noise from the passing train which kept waking me up throughout the night. Over all great experience, we'd definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kat064

Thank you for the review. The hotel has undergone a lot of renvoations over the past few years and I too love "warm lodgey / modern" feel that the Banff Aspen Lodge has! The train does use its horn whenever it passes through town to alert any animals on the train tracks that it is passing through. Looking forward to having you stay with us again~

Reviewed June 20, 2010

Lovely staff, very clean, excellent value and location.
Had an updated "premium" room with modern decor, very comfy Qun beds, a good amount of space and convenient room fridge. Banff Ave was fun to watch from the balcony.
Hot tub was a lovely perk as was the quaint breakfast room.
We will be back in the autumn :)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family