Banff Aspen Lodge
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$151
$141
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$228
$209
$406
$311
  • Pool
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$232
$216
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$192
$255
$243
Orbitz.com
1,577 results
All reviewsgranolahot tubeconomy roompremium roombreakfast staffbreakfast was includedbreakfast roomthe main streettwo sinksshops and restaurantsthird floorsteam roomboiled eggswould definitely stay here againfew minutes walkunderground parkingstayed here for nights
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I stayed here over the winter ski period with my friend.

The staff are absolutley amazing. I can not thank them enough for the amazing hospitality they showed. My friend fell ill while we were staying in the hotel. We had to extend our trip as she was put in the hospital - The hotel staff let me extend the trip- honoured the discounted rate i was given and left us in our upgraded room the entire stay- so we didnt have to pack and unpack into another room.

One night was not available as the hotel was booked out and the staff even offered to put myself up in the staff accom to try and accomodate as my friend was in the hospital and I was alone.

I have stayed in both the newer rooms and the older rooms. the older style rooms are basic, but have everything you need and pay for. The renovated rooms are very stylish and very comfortable. They have recently upgraded the facilities and have two amazing outdoor hot tubs, a hot steam sauna and a dry sauna. They were all kept very clean and the staff provide fresh towels daily located at the hot tubs.

I never got up in time for the breakfast so i cannot comment, but all the bookings come with free breakfast.

brilliant location, 5 min walk from local shops and a few doors down for the ski field buses.

this hotel is ideal for younger people- alot of young travellers staying in the hotel and very social, comfortable and quiet.

The staff will go above and beyond for you- and i will most def stay there on my next snowboarding trip!

recommended for everyone! The banff aspen felt very much like home for me and we miss the staff dearly!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kitt3np0wer
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Based upon the reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided to try this hotel, even though the rate looked almost too good to be true. Two business colleagues decided to book rooms here too. We were not disappointed. Great service, decent rooms, free covered parking, perfect location (close to downtown, but not too close), and outstanding value. Nothing fancy, but all very functional. One specific piece of advice: It is worth a few dollars more to avoid the “Economy” rooms. On the second evening, the internet wasn’t working throughout the hotel. They called tech support, who couldn’t fix it remotely and said they’d come out the next morning. The hotel removed the charge from my bill before I even asked. I’ll be back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Retailwonderer
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2010

Thanks for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the BAL! Our Economy Rooms are our smallest room category and we recommend them if in Banff for one night or two. Please note the Economy Rooms will be upgraded in the fall of 2010 when the hotel’s room renovation project continues. Hope to see you again sometime soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Aspen Lodge for three nights during Family long weekend in February. Like the other reviews say the breakfast is awesome, great start to the day. The staff is very friendly, the hot tubs outside are a great place to finish up your day (especially if you have been out skiing). Some rooms in the lodge are renovated in a more modern style. We stayed in one of the renovated rooms, you can ask for the reno-ed room if you book directly through the hotel (they will not guarantee it, but will make a note on your reservation) or upon check-in. There is free parking underground, behind the hotel and on the street. The only disappointing factors were: the beds are very soft and bouncy and the heat adjuster in the rooms doesn't work, so it is very hot. You can open the balcony but the hotel is right on the main street so it is very loud. All this is not a problem if you sleep as a log, but I have what my husband calls bat-ears, and hear everything. Neither of us got the greatest sleeps.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VikaCalgary

Thank you for your review and I’m glad you enjoyed our two outdoor hot tubs and Canadian Rockies Continental Breakfast! It’s unfortunate that you did not sleep well at the hotel. Everyone has a preference for how soft a bed should be and we do receive a lot of compliments on how comfortable our beds are. In regards to your room being hot, please send me an email at sales@banffaspenlodge.com to let me know the room that you stayed in so that I can ensure the thermostat is now working. Please note 34 more guestrooms are currently being upgraded and the remaining rooms will be fully renovated by December 31, 2010.

Reviewed March 24, 2010

We had 10 very good nights at the Aspen Lodge using it as base to ski the three near by ski areas.The hotel was great ,good clean rooms and a good continental style breakfast included,free hot tubs and sauna.The staff were friendly and helpfull.The location is close to downtown Banff and close to the ski bus pickup stop.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisLear555

So glad you enjoyed your time at the Banff Aspen Lodge and hope to have you stay with us again~

Reviewed March 23, 2010

I just took my second group to the Aspen Lodge and they were as impressed as the first group. The location is great, right in downtown Banff, yet quiet and peaceful. The breakfast is deluxe with all homemade foods, including amazing granola! The hot tubs and steam room provided the relaxation we needed. Staff were accommodating and friendly and the on-going renovations are making this a great destination - enjoy it whilst it is still one of those best-kept secrets!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GuyoftheGlobe

Thank you so much for this review and for your business! We appreciate all of your support and can't wait until December 31 2010 when all of our guestrooms will be fully renovated.

Looking forward to hosting you again sometime soon~