1,712 results
All reviewsgranolahot tubeconomy roompremium roombreakfast staffbreakfast was includedbreakfast roomthe main streetshops and restaurantstwo sinksthird floorsteam roomstreet noisewould definitely stay here againunderground parkingstayed here for nightswithin easy walking distance
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Some great stuff...the location, the friendliness of the front desk, the cleanliness, the attractive hot pools. Perhaps we were unlucky with Room 122...but that's where we stayed, so that's all I know:(. On the ground floor and super hot in room though it was cool outside and the heat was off. Didn't feel comfortable leaving the patio door open at night as it went out to the street. Sigh...and...probably in the kitchen of the next door hotel, the music was quietly playing till after 1 am...but loud enough for us to not be able to sleep:(. Then, at breakfast, the man who was bringing coffee, tea to tables was super rude to me when I asked where water was located at the buffet...never did get it:(. Three strikes. Cancelled my reservation for 2 weeks from now. Too many negatives..too many better options in this fun town!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joan88
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I apologize that your stay at the Banff Aspen Lodge was not what was expected. Our patio doors can be left open securely as the screen doors can be locked from the inside. I wish you had contacted our Front Desk in regards to your concerns about noise and security and we would have done our best to ensure you had a restful sleep. I have passed your review onto our Breakfast Room Manager to review with this team, as the service you received is not how our staff is trained. We will use your experience as a learning tool to ensure this doesn’t happen in the future. I would love to have you come back and stay with us again and try a different room type; please send me an email directly at sales@banffaspenlodge.com.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

From the small touches like a corkscrew to the friendly knowledgeable staff, this hotel was definitely worth staying. Secure underground parking, well appointed rooms, and good selection of food in a boutique basement breakfast room (including yummy homemade granola).

The only suggestion I would make is for a hotel billing itself as an Eco hotel, they would throw away less plastic if they had one jug of cream at the breakfast bar instead of three 2%s and a bowl of tiny creamer pots. Then those of us who actually like full fat in our coffee and on our cereal would have the option and not feel guilty or avoid using loads of plastic pots. Just saying.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank RavenSSI
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your Banff Aspen Lodge experience; we appreciate your feedback! I have passed your review onto our Breakfast Room and they will look into having one jug of cream available on the buffet table instead of using the individualized creamers.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions recently. Breakfast good, service was very good and helpful. We were there in summer on warm nights so would have been perfect with air conditioning as leaving the window open proved noisy from the trains that passed through Banff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I went to Banff for the first time and stayed at the Aspen Lodge. Its a great place to stay because the staff is friendly, its really confortable, clean and really close to all the restaurants and stores (about 7 minutes walking). The hotel offers breakfast with a good variety of food and drinks. The hotel also offers free parking.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luis Felipe G
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your Banff Aspen Lodge story! I am happy that you enjoyed the hotel’s complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and parking, central location and friendly staff. Hope to see you again soon~
Christy - Business Development Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel reminded me so much of the little French hotels I have stayed at, in France! The rooms are very compact, barely enough space to move around. The parking is impossible to find, we drove around for 1 hour to find a parking spot on the main road! The breakfast is "oh sooooo French" complete with boiled eggs! And of course, there is no AC, but you have a fan to cool yourself with...... :( Yes, I bet the architect of this hotel must have come from Quebec/Montreal or directly from France.......... but the girl at the front desk, Teresa, was German, believe-it-or-not, so she was very efficient, helped us to discover Banff, and definitely deserves praise for doing a good job! The house-cleaning staff completely missed our room, and "forgot" to clean it..... Ahem..... not exactly impressive!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Freddy L
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. I believe you stayed in our Premium Room which ranges from 289 – 336 square feet. If you require more space there are properties in town that have condominiums and this could be a better option for you. I apologize that your room was not serviced by Housekeeping; please be assured that this would not have been done on-purpose. I have passed your review onto our Housekeeping Manager for her to review with her team as this should not have happened. I will also pass your comments onto Theresa at our Front Desk; I am happy she was able to help you fully experience Banff!