Banff Aspen Lodge
$102
$157
$102
Hotels.com
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$79
$364
  • Restaurant
$186
$158
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$130
$119
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$117
$74
$62
Travelocity
1,553 results
All reviewsgranolahot tubeconomy roompremium roombreakfast staffbreakfast was includedbreakfast roomthe main streettwo sinksshops and restaurantsthird floorsteam roomboiled eggswould definitely stay here againfew minutes walkunderground parkingstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2013

From check in to check out staff were friendly and helpful both concerning the features of the lodge and the attractions of Banff. Rooms were clean and well maintained. And the included Wifi was excellent. My sole criticism is my personal preference for fresh milk and not dairy whitener.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheila C
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Banff Aspen Lodge for four nights in March 2013. As this was a mid-priced hotel I didn't have very high expectations, and I was so pleasantly surprised! While the hotel is basic - the furnishings and facilities are not luxury - everything was in very, very good condition and very clean. Our room was very large, in fact we got a complementary upgrade. The bathroom was spotless, as if it has been recently remodeled. The carpet also looked new throughout the hotel. The furniture, while again basic, was in new condition. Free wireless and breakfast, a great in-town location making everything you want a short walk away, mini-fridge in the room, all made this an outstanding choice. The outdoor hot tub was great too - clean and enjoyable, we used it more than once! The only thing it was missing was a fitness room, and since I don't ski I would have loved to have a gym on site. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were very very pleased with this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants clean, quality accommodations with all the necessities provided in a good location. We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a room with a living area, and it was fantastic! A sofa, desk, small eating table, and coffee table made this room more like a small apartment. An outstanding value for the money.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kla122968
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

I’m happy to read that you enjoyed your time at the Banff Aspen Lodge. Please note that for your next visit, the hotel does offer discounted passes to the local gym at the Banff Centre (a 15 minute walk from the hotel). You just need to see our Front Desk staff to purchase the passes.
Thank you and look forward to seeing you again~

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel every year for several years now. The location is great, two blocks from shops and restaurants. It is maintained very well. Every year we can see the improvements, rooms being renovated, new bedding, common areas maintained very well. We love the spa area; that is probably the number one reason we select this hotel each time. The breakfast is perfect. The negatives - 1. This year when we checked in, the types of rooms we had reserved were NOT available and there was nothing else available. I just wonder why I reserved a specific room type if I can't have that when I arrive? We were given a room with twin beds and the twin beds were so short that my feet hung off the ends, and I am only 5'5". We were told that we could use the sofa as a pull-out, which we tried - the mattress on the sofa bed was about 3 inches thick - not useable...... 2. WiFi - this has been a problem at this hotel ever since they started offering WiFi. It is slower than dial-up! And most of the time, you can't even get on.... Last year we asked about the slowness and were told that they were going to upgrade. We just returned from our trip and it is just as BAD as ever. I have not encountered service this poor in MANY years. You can't check email, you can't log on to research something you want to do while there, it is just so frustrating! We found ourselves going down to the coffee shop so we could access information we needed.

Room Tip: When reserving your room, check before traveling to confirm that the type of room you reserved is what you will be given upon check-in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Marken76

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that you did not receive the room type you had requested. Can you please send me an email (sales@banffaspenlodge.com) with your reservation details so that I can investigate this further? The hotel did upgrade our Internet last fall and the service has improved. If you happened to be using the Internet while the majority of our other guests were also using it, the speed may have been slower. Look forward to hearing from you~

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Husband and I just got back from a nights stay at the Aspen, first time we have stayed there. We selected it based on trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed ! The checkin was fast and courteous, and the premium room we got was very clean and quiet. We faced the back side, not the street and it was perfect. The rooms are redone in a very modern, sleek style and I couldn't find fault with anything. The hot tub sauna and steam room facilities are some of the best we have found especially in the town of Banff. Next morning we went for the breakfast which was included, it's not extensive but was fine for us. He homemade granola with fruit and yogurt was delicious. All in all we got great value for the money and with its proximity to all stores and restaurants in Banff it's a great choice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street might be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canuckrider

So glad you enjoyed our ‘World Famous’ homemade granola and your time at the hotel. Look forward to seeing you on your next Banff Getaway~

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel was located on the avenue and was a short walk to everything in town. Rooms are new, clean, and up to date with travel amenities ( mini fridge, coffee maker, iron ect.). The courtyard w/ hot tubs is also amazing. Staff was overly accommodating, going as far as keeping the hot tub open an extra few minutes for some sore skiers. Complimentary breakfast was average and the only complaint would the lack of large towels, it was kind of like drying with a face cloth. All in all great hotel and mixed with ski deal a great value.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank GuyLeDouch

Thank you for your review and I am happy to read that our staff looked after you during your stay! I have passed your comment about the towel sizes onto our Executive Housekeeper. Hope to see you again~