“Great value, great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Aspen Lodge

Banff Aspen Lodge
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Banff
“Great value, great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel was located on the avenue and was a short walk to everything in town. Rooms are new, clean, and up to date with travel amenities ( mini fridge, coffee maker, iron ect.). The courtyard w/ hot tubs is also amazing. Staff was overly accommodating, going as far as keeping the hot tub open an extra few minutes for some sore skiers. Complimentary breakfast was average and the only complaint would the lack of large towels, it was kind of like drying with a face cloth. All in all great hotel and mixed with ski deal a great value.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank GuyLeDouch
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am happy to read that our staff looked after you during your stay! I have passed your comment about the towel sizes onto our Executive Housekeeper. Hope to see you again~
Christy – Business Development Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

far better than the 3* awarded, the staff on reception are all very helpful and friendly at all times, had our main dealings with an English guy who was very obliging, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.
RECEPTION STAFF ARE A TRUE ASSET TO THIS HOTEL AND ENHANCE THE GUESTS STAY.
Breakfast was just perfect to start off a day of skiing - do have a couple of suggestions though to keep more butter on the tables as had to keep asking for butter , also one useful tip would be to dress each table with a small jug of milk for adding to tea and coffee as had to either take hot beverages to the breakfast bar to add milk or take the milk away from the bar to take to our table ( i know that this is not the fault of the hotel as it is a private company who provide the breakfast service).
Excellent location
Room very comfortable, warm and quiet.
Hottubs excellent -
did not use sauna or steam room so unable to comment.
Overall a thouroughly fabulous time spent in Banff at the Aspen Lodge - would definitely stay again

Room Tip: we asked our agen to request a quiet room as had read one or two comments on tripadvisor about peopl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sashy552
Thank you for sharing your Banff Aspen Lodge experience. I am glad that our Front Office staff were able to help you during your time at the hotel. I have passed your comments onto them! The hotel does run our Breakfast Room so thank you for your feedback. It is a great suggestion to have the milk on the tables. We are always looking for ways to make things more efficient during breakfast; I will speak with the Breakfast Room Manager to see if this is feasible while maintaining Alberta Health Services requirements.
Look forward to seeing you again~
Oshawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We came in very late and it was greeted by a very pleasant night auditor who gave us all the info we required quickly and then we were off to bed. The room was clean, quiet and in a good location. The breakfast was a perfect way to start our day with healthy options. I was very impressed with the friendliness of the breakfast staff as efficiently waited our table and provided us with drinks. Overall, although short this was a lovely stay. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cbunz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location, awesome front desk, nice little pool and great size rooms! All fantabulous and i would stay at this hotel again and again if ever in banff!!! My only downer was that the wifi was a bit shoddy in the room and had to constantly come down to the reception to use. Im sure that can be improved though :)

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Avidtravellerbkk
I am happy to hear that the Banff Aspen Lodge was the best hotel of your trip and I hope you are able to visit us again!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

If I was to come back go Banff, this is where I would choose to stay. I was here for a work/skiing trip and at first was underwhelmed from the outside view...
To my surprise the rooms were great and well furnished with all amenities needed. I only had the standard room which was very nice, and I did get to see other room types as well where friends were staying. Very comfortable, great location, comfy beds, bathroom a little basic, but met all requirements.
Loved the views from my balcony day and night. One of my colleagues was quite ill and needed an emergency doctor, the front desk staff were fantastic (not just during this but throughout our stay). We had to be out all day and they checked in on our colleague and made sure she had some food and was okay for us. Breakfast room was gorgeous, full of character, and though I am not a granola fan, I thought I would try the house specialty and was really surprised how much I enjoyed their whole breakfast, especially the famous granola! Will recommend this property for many reasons including the location, didn't want to leave.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was our first visit to Canada, the Aspen Lodge hotel and all of the staff made our stay very enjoyable. The location of the hotel is ideal with a short stroll into town. The included breakfast was always very good (especially the Granola !). Special thanks to Elise who forwarded on my sweaters which I left in my room. We would definately return, and recommend the hotel. Bob - UK.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bob R
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our room was beautiful and very nicely appointed and pretty comfortable. It fronted on a busy street with many buses going by but their noise had abated by the time we went to bed.

Towels were cheap and tissues scratchy and the hotel guide gave no guidance about how to use the internet. I finally had to call the desk to get the info I needed to use it.

Had a nice continental breakfast in a lovely diningroom filled with friendly travelers.
I would stay there again but they should upgrade towels and tissues.

Banff is so lovely that I would sleep in a tent for the chance to be there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marilyn S
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I’m sorry the towels and tissues were not to your taste. We are reviewing their condition with our Executive Housekeeper to determine if changes are required. The in-room Guest Directory is currently being updated to include instructions on accessing our complimentary wireless internet. The Front Desk is available 24 hours a day to help and answer any questions that our guests have. I’m happy that you enjoyed your guestroom and our continental breakfast and Hope to see you again~
Christy - Business Development Manager