Banff Aspen Lodge
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$228
$207
$406
$311
  • Pool
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$151
$141
Best Western Plus Siding 29 Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$279
$269
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$245
$209
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$232
$216
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$192
$255
$243
Orbitz.com
1,577 results
All reviewsgranolahot tubeconomy roompremium roombreakfast staffbreakfast was includedbreakfast roomthe main streettwo sinksshops and restaurantsthird floorsteam roomboiled eggswould definitely stay here againfew minutes walkunderground parkingstayed here for nights
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My daughter is starting her first year at university in Alberta, so we decided to have a mini holiday in the Rockies on our way. I spent a lot of time online, reading hotel reviews and finally decided to go with Banff Aspen Lodge based on it's location, the reviews I'd read and the reasonable rates available. I was not disappointed at all with my choice. It was a very pleasant experience from start to finish. Our room was so clean, with everything needed for a comfortable stay. The beds were the most comfortable I've had in a hotel. We enjoyed the breakfasts, the granola was sooo good!! My daughter and her friend used the hot tubs everyday and loved them. The hotel is close to downtown, it is great in the evenings to be able to wander the streets and not to need a vehicle to get back and forth. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again in the years to come as I take my daughter back and forth between BC and Alberta:)

Room Tip: Our room had no view, we faced another hotel, but on the plus side it was really quiet and we slept well.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed for 5 nights. Rooms were clean beds comfortable and the staff very helpful.

Room Tip: third floor overlooking mountain a must.! The only issue in the Summer is having the sliding door open. Street noise is heard.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Over the years, we have relied on Trip Advisor reviews in picking where we stay and have not been dilsappointed. Unfortunately this was not the case with the Aspen Lodge. Auto Club only gives the hotel a two diamond rating.and I think that is accurate. Although there has been some updating of the hotel, it is still pretty long in the tooth. Our room was divided into two bedroom areas and had two seperate sinks which we liked. The main issue was that there was no air conditiioning and it was quite warm in the room at night. There was a note in the room suggesting opening the doors and windows to cool the room off. Since our room was on Banff Avenue the street noise was such you could not leave the door open at night. There was a small fan in the room which was not of much help. .We were also a somewhat disappointed with the continental breakfast. The hotel is very close to downtown which is a plus, and the price was reasonable. I guess you get what you pay for, and I wished we had spent a little more and stayed at a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Thank you for your review and I’m glad that you enjoyed the hotel’s central location. I am pleased to announce that due to our recent renovations, the Banff Aspen Lodge has been upgraded to a three diamond rating by AAA/CAA. This rating is very accurate of the product that the Banff Aspen Lodge offers. Our complimentary continental breakfast includes baked goods (cinnamon buns, muffins, croissants, etc), fresh bread, yogurt, fruit salad, a variety of cereals and our homemade granola. We include the continental breakfast, wireless internet and parking in our room rates, creating amazing value for our guests.
Cheers,
Christy – Sales Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Very friendly hotel staff. The room was nice. We had two double beds, and the beds were on opposite sides of the bathroom area, which is nice when traveling with older kids. One negative: there aren't many available outlets (I had to unplug a lamp just to charge my laptop). Parking fills up, so if you get in really late you may be hunting for a space on the street.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

More akin to some European hotels with the design details, excellent breakfast and service. Though the room was somewhat small, it was clean, adequate, the hotel was centrally located, and the reason we came to Banff was to be outside!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple