“Luxury at its' best”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Kelowna
“Luxury at its' best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

A wonderful hotel and our long weekend romantic getaway was in the perfect location. Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

My two sisters flew in from Ontario to Edmonton for a sisters reunion. I thought I would treat them to a very nice stay at the Rimrock Resort in Banff. When I walked into the room I was very disappointed-nothing was special. I thought I walked into a $89.00 room. I had paid for the third person but had to call housekeeping for more towels, glasses etc. The view was looking at the side of Rundle mountain…no view of any other scenery, just trees on the side of the mountain. I even upgraded us to a Deluxe Room assuming that we would have nice linens, comfortable bed and yes a better view. I assumed, never assume, the bed at a five star resort would be comfortable. My sister woke up the next day with a sort back and we agreed we had terrible sleeps. I really wanted this stay to be special for us since it's been 15 years of us on our own-no other family. I wanted to apologize to them for the terrible room.
The one good thing is that it was quiet, never heard another person and that was nice.
I could not recommend this hotel and I left very disappointed in my stay at the Rimrock Resort.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank Marleneedmonton
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

We stayed here by recommendation of some friends. They said it was the best stay anywhere. When we arrived, the view looked beautiful, so we were excited. During our check-in, the girl was very unfriendly. I think she did not like us because she gave us a room with a view of trees. Our friends said they stayed in a nice room looking at the mountains with new furniture and carpets but our was old looking. The room and bathroom was dirty and not clean.

Our rate was about $300 a night and it is not that great and we were not happy. We met another couple who staying at the Banff Springs and really like it, so we moved there the next night. Much better that we stay there from now on every trip to Banff.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darwin_the_Great
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

What a nice location. Beautiful scenery. Very close to the Hot Spring and downtown Banff. The view from the room was excellent and the main foyer is nice for hanging out. This was an enjoyable location to rest on our journey through the mountains.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mortaric
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

We stayed in a premium guest room with the most amazing view. I could have spent the entire weekend in front of our large window soaking in the tranquility. The room was large with a king bed and pull out sofa. The bathroom was dated but clean. All the staff members we encountered were friendly, professional and accomodating. We ate at the Primrose restaurant for dinner and received fabulous service and great food. The view from the restaurant is also wonderful. We had room service for breakfast which was fast and the food arrived hot and fresh. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank calgarytraveler11
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2010

I stayed here with a friend and was his guest for his business function. It was beautiful and set up in the mountains. We had a room with a double bed, spacious enough with really great furnishings. The view from our room was mountains and it was perfect.
I don't know if we had a special room with a view as it was booked by the company, but I'm sure you could specify that you wanted a good view.
Had a great sleep after the work function which was held in the hotel large conference rooms. They have great products available, quality shampoos etc.

Had the buffet breakfast, I don't remeber the name of the restaurant though. Was a little pricey, but that is expected for this type of hotel. Food was fresh and delicious!

Great place to stay when in Banff. Yes pricier but worth it for a splurge weekend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Trav4Fun1234
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2010

I live in Calgary (just an hour and a half away from Banff), so forking over as much as I did for a room here was sort of a tough pill to swallow, but that might not be the case if you're coming from a more distant location. You have to expect to overpay for basically everything in Banff, and if you accept that fact then you won't be disappointed by the Rimrock. The hotel itself is beautiful, and you can walk to both the gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain (highly recommended) and the hot springs in less than five minutes. The rooms are clean, spacious, and (though overpriced) very nice overall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with some excess cash, otherwise there are probably better deals to be had in town itself (as the Rimrock is just outside of town, up the mountain). There is a nice spa (my girlfriend enjoyed a manicure there), a great workout facility, and a pool with a large hot tub and clean change rooms.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple